ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone's Koni shock ever done this?

Ph1
Heard they can be a bit prone to rusting but would never have thought this would happen :eek: - 100 yards further up the road and i would have been 70mph on a dual carriageway. To be fair they have been on the car a good few years.

DSC06201_zps2ea853d5.jpg

Clio 182
They have been running them for years on the gt turbo and never ever seen anything like that.
Pretty shocking really.

Ph1
LOL Dan. They've been on the car for about 6 - 8 years iirc so pretty good innings although would have expected the shock body to have rusted through before the spring mounting cup.

Rubbed through a newly fitted Yoko Parada too :(

Ph1
I think because its just given way towards the centre of the shock so hard to spot. I had the wheel off a couple of months back and never noticed it either plus it felt fine to drive with.

Many.
I imagine there was so much s**t caked on around it, it was impossible to see any issues with it.

Pretty damn impressive though, I wonder how long Koni say their shocks shoud last. Email them, could be a laugh, or could get you a new shock!