ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyones lumbar support popped?

ant

yep.
mine just did going over a speed-bump :(

anyway to fix 'em? got a puncture repair kit somewhere!!

BMW M3
lol... Never use it mate so no it hasnt. Bit of a pain if you use it often. Punture repair kit it is then.

ant

yep.
yeah - the seat. i liked a bit of support in my lumbar region!

must have been working because i had to re-adjust my rear view mirror when it popped!!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
aaah :(

so wheres it ripped? any piccies of it, can u get it re-stitched easily?

ant

yep.
no no no :)

its like a "balloon" in the bottom of the seatback that you can "pump-up" with a knob on the side of the seat.

i heard it pop! nothing is ripped :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
lol I never knew it was a bag of air you pumped up, I just thought that little knob brought some peice of something towards the seat more. I used mine all the time depending on how I'm driving..

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
i thaught it was a wire on "tension" or something like that adjusted via the knob on the side....

IIRC its just come apart and u can fix it back up... tricky tho!

Some of the mk2s didnt come with em!

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Mine popped this morning - was hoping it would be an easy fix!!! I'm guessing Renault with just say I need a new seat!!!!! :-(

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
LOL

No it doesnt need a new seat!

Just needs re-connected back up inside....

As said its tricky but can be done, they will charge an arm and a leg for it tho.

Monaco Blue 172
damnit. mine has popped today. just another in a long list of problems with my car lately! :rolleyes: presumably there is no cheap/quick fix for this? i don't really need it but i did like having it!

Take the seat out, and I think you can do it from underneath. Will have to pop out at lunch and double check for you though.

It just bolts to the runners. I think you need to undo about 4 bolts (2 a side) and it comes off the runners. You'll need to disconnet the airbag wire underneath too.

Cupped 182
This finally explains something which has been bugging me for ages!

I'll turn the lumbar support on to full, but after a while I can't notice it any more. I'll turn it all the way down then back again to re-set it, but was never sure if I was just getting used to it being there- as above, assumed it was some sort of plate moving out- had no idea it was a kind of bladder.

Sounds like I have a slow puncture!

Clio 172
Mine went recently too - called Renault n they said it needs either 1. a new seat back which they wanted several hundred quid for (yes - for just the seat back!), or 2. you can buy a lumbar support "kit".

They said its a pig to fix, needs to go in to them, but I'm gonna give it a go myself first and see how I get on!

I've had a feel inside and it seems to be a piece of tough plastic/wire that operates it....will let you know how it goes...

Monaco Blue 172
looks like a little project for my easter holiday! cheers for the visuals. it is cheap crap tho. my old M reg rover is still on the road and as far as i know, the lumbar support still works! :rolleyes:

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
POP!! Another one bites the dust!
Mine just went on way back from filling the petrol up.(must of seen the price:quiet: )

looks like a fun job, but I did use it so will have to look at it.

Cheers for the pics bmh.01 helping alot to understand how it goes.

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
FIXED!!!!

I was lucky that I just unclipped the seat cover and lifted it to have a quick look. Then i noticed the clip (A) was loose on the wire into (B). so I unclipped (A) Then wound and unwound the handle several times to make sure it was all free and reclipped (A) back on. Seems to be ok, not sure if it's as good as new but i think it had just come off the spool in part (B).
View attachment 26812

Last edited:
  BMW M135i
Will have to give this a try on mine. How did you unclip the seat cover? as the manual doesn't cover the "sports" seats i've since realised. Just underneath?

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
My seats aren't the half leather sports ones. They're just cloth with extra sides and lumbar in. But yeah i just undid clips underneath and rolled it up a bit.
(used 1 clip to hold it up out of the way by fastening to head rest pole)

BMW M135i
Well the frame for the RS seat and dynamique/standard bucket seats are the same just a different cover.