ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyones opinions on the starlet turbo

They are the most modded car in Barbados! The body kits/styling and engine mods are endless! And really quite impressive. Theres a great website about it! I will have a look around for it and post it here.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Expensive to Insure (import)
Expensive to Keep on the Road (Japanese)
Expensive for Parts (Japanese)

Apart from that - loads of power, very tunable and rare as rocking horse shi* - go for it if you dont mind looking around for ages when something breaks, but seriously they are very quick when you turn the boost up, 200bhp with ease!

Skoda Fabia vRS

im sure i saw one of these on the East Lancs road near mine

(big road that comes from liverpool through st helens then onto manchester)

anyone have a pic ?

A friend of my has one with a huge SS exhaust and 2 stage boost, imported from Japan. They are pretty damn quick, 150bhp, between 800kg and 900kg, not much between it and a 172 at traffic light grand prixs although it will run out of puff by 70mph. Not bad for a 1.3!

350z & 16v Maxi

SOmeone i know has one, he rased my pal (who drives a Bravo HGT 2.0 20v) and pissed all over it. The Bravo is slightly slower than my 16v but he was totally pissed on.

silver valver/hybrid

i think i saw the one louise is on about at the Worcester cruise, seemed pretty quick off the mark!

CTR EK9 turbo

Im thinking of buying one to replace my Clio as i cant afford it any more (insurance/fuel etc) Does anyone know what they are like to insure? any race stories etc etc.

mucho appreciato in advance

evo x rs

my mates got an import one on a k-reg. As soon as he got it he was behind me going home.

I knew he had just got it so I waved him on tempting him for a race, on towards a bit of dual carriage way.

He took the bait, from 30-70 I left him, but from 70 upwards the gap just increased all the way. A quick little motor though. When we pulled up he told me he could have turned to the boost up, but it didnt appear to be working.

A great little car, very quick for its size but can lack grunt after 90ish mph, not the best in the corners on the standard suspension though but very tunable and a real pocket rocket that scares bigger and more powerful cars!

Tony

CTR EK9 turbo

As I am thinking of changes my clio for something along the lines of a Starlet Turbo do you think i would be wise here? I want something that has cheaper insurance, japanese reliability/tunability, better economy and still a small pocket rocket. I also like the rare/exlusivity of them and would love to a turbo-charged car just for a change. Ive looked at Civics and they are too common and dont have enough torque.

Cheers for the comments folks.....

Si