ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex lowering springs

2003 clio 172 cup
Anyone here have experience with these? I'm replacing shocks (standard, oe) all round on my 172cup (96000 miles) and looking to lower it at the same time. Wheels are the std 16s at the moment but may go 17 in future. The Apex claim a 40mm drop vs the sportline 20mm ish. I notice the Eibachs getting good write ups here but has anyone tried Apex?

172 Cup, Volvo V70
I was doing exactly the same as you when I got my 172 Cup, i put fresh OEM dampers all round but with Eibach Sportlines. The car handles great, and that set-up is far better for the track than cheap coilovers.
I had Apex springs for a short time on my S2000. I say short because they were crap. Buy cheap buy twice as they say. The Cup is such a great handling car, I wouldn't put Apex springs anywhere near it. Just my opinion mate!

2003 clio 172 cup
Thanks for the advice! I was tempted by the Apex due to cost but everyone on here loves the Eibachs and I do like the smaller drop.

i had a few hours experience with these(apex), i say a few hours because they were taken off they were that bad the ride is real harsh. I replaced them with sportlines.