ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex or Eibach Springs??????

Clio 172 Mk2
I have a 51 plate Clio 172 and am looking to lower it but don’t know which make a springs to go for Apex or Eibach? Any one point me in the right direction and also tell my why that make of spring.

Thanks guys

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i thought eibach springs only lowered it 20mm or so?

so it would be apex for looks eibach for handling? someone will be able to clear that up but i think thats the way it is

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
I have Apex on my 182 an i love them, it looks the perfect height, just snug over the wheels and handling is much sharper and much less body roll. I beleive the Eibachs are great srpings too though, but like said, they dont drop as far.

Apex = 40mm drop with s**t handling

Eibach Pro = 15mm drop with great handling

Eibach Sportline = 30mm drop with great handling

Get Eibach, the handling is spot on :)

No more clio's for me!
IMO i can't fault the Apex springs, handlings good and a really nice drop. haven't driven a clio with eibach springs so i can't comment. Here's a pic of mine so you know what you get with the Apex's.

Picture013.jpg

At the end of the day if your looking for massively increased handling improvements buy coilovers!

Clio 172 Mk2
Any one got a Clio 172 or 182 with 30mm Eibach Sportlines on there car so I can see what it look like please?

Thanks Guys for the input so far

Does any one also know where I can buy a set of 30mm Eibach springs for a good price?

Last edited:
  R35 GTR
I'll be getting the eibach sportlines on my car in the next week or so, fingers crossed, will let you know how i get on.

Where are you based, you could come for a drive.

The Beast MK4
Ive got Eibach pros and they handle pretty well and the comfort factor is high but there is still a wee bit more roll than id like. Go for the sportlines!

320d
He's in newcastle

Kris you could try revolution for prices that way you could collect without paying postage, don't get them to fit them though

Clio 172 Mk2
Rich_16v said:
He's in newcastle

Kris you could try revolution for prices that way you could collect without paying postage, don't get them to fit them though

Cheers Rich ill give them a call see what the price is.