ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

App Inventor for Android

Polo + Micra
any one else have a play with this?

noticed it the other day on the gadget show so had a look into it

now it looks like only a basic tool but i've only playing with it a day or two and built a texting app that doesn't show up in messages (well sent anyway lol) without doing any tutorials

for anyone else looking into it here is a link

A.N. Other
Not been toying with Android, but a workmate built a blackberry tablet app, and they liked it so much they gave him a playbook to do some more!

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Not tried it out personally but have wrote a couple of Android apps myself (that are now in the market place) using Eclipse and the SDK. Very steep learning curve I must admit as I'm quite new to Java but picked it up quite quickly.

Getting hooked on developing apps and my most popular one could do with an iPhone version but I don't own a Mac to develop on and my ObjectiveC skills are somewhat limited!

Clio 172mk2
what appz have you done out of curiousity, i know there was a app some one did on here for the iphone prowlr would like to find some thing similar for android

Absolutely awful idea.

You'll end up with an app store full of apps that look hideous just to bolster the numbers.

Megane 225 F1
Agree with revels. Its hard for a reason. The people that have th knowledge and skill to do it will do a proper job at making an app. Learn the proper way. Its what I did and I'm still learning. I created a basic notepad app that looked good but took a very long ytime to make.

Having Said that, its still not complete lol.

Polo + Micra
Absolutely awful idea.

You'll end up with an app store full of apps that look hideous just to bolster the numbers.

i'm guessing every single app on the iphone app place is highly polished pieces of art?

plus you can make apps for yourself for your phone and them not go anywhere the android market

The App Store has UI guidelines that every app must adhere to. No such thing exists elsewhere. This will make it even worse.

As Will said, leave it to the pros.

Polo + Micra
The App Store has UI guidelines that every app must adhere to. No such thing exists elsewhere. This will make it even worse.

As Will said, leave it to the pros.

really? i haven't got the time or want to learn full java script

how can this make it worse? you can't just upload it to market so not really a valid point is it.

this is just a piece of software that allows you to get a feeler for how the apps are developed

but i guess you wont agree as it isn't apple :rolleyes:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Look in the android market. There are some good apps but there's also LOADS of s**t.

This wont help.

(and yes i'm aware there's also some crappy apps in the iOS app store, but there's also a ton of good apps)

Polo + Micra
i still don't see how this will make things worse

you cannot use this software to upload to the market

it will upload to your phone connected via usb or through gmail to your phone only