ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple CarPlay capable headunits

Sell me your 197
Hey all,

So i'm working in Kilmarnock, living in Glasgow and the bird lives in Edinburgh.

I'm putting bulk km's on the Micra, and that's fine.

I want a headunit that will enable me to listen to the ABC Radio app when i'm in the car.

However, the car is a 500 pound shitter. It's reliable, so that's all that matters really, but I don't want a blingerific headunit in a car that is shite, as it'll get nicked.

Are there any Apple AirPlay capable headunits which don't look blingy? Or maybe I should fashion up a way to conceal it...

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Carplay is utter w**k, I have it on my Pioneer HU.

Bluetooth all the way.

Oh, and extend the loom and hide the nice head unit in the glovebox?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
@Ben- I've got the F70-DAB, it's an amazing headunit.

It's carplay/siri that's a massive chunk of shite. It's its own sub-operating system within the Pioneer operating system, if that makes sense. It only comes on when IOS device is plugged into port USB#1.

It's slow, dim-witted, and Siri is just a waste of space. If I speak a post code to siri, it doesn't understand and tries to use the postcode as an address. I just pair my iphone with the pioneer bluetooth and it works faultlessly, and I don't need to physically plug it in. (Carplay MUST be connected via USB.)

Sell me your 197
I keep the glovebox open and empty all the time, so scumbags can look in and see there's nothing valuable there

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
My head unit has CarPlay and Android auto. Android version is miles ahead atm. Voice search works perfectly, Google maps is very good. It's still too limited, they need to get more apps adapted.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
@Ben- I've got the F70-DAB, it's an amazing headunit.

It's carplay/siri that's a massive chunk of shite. It's its own sub-operating system within the Pioneer operating system, if that makes sense. It only comes on when IOS device is plugged into port USB#1.

It's slow, dim-witted, and Siri is just a waste of space. If I speak a post code to siri, it doesn't understand and tries to use the postcode as an address. I just pair my iphone with the pioneer bluetooth and it works faultlessly, and I don't need to physically plug it in. (Carplay MUST be connected via USB.)
If yours works like mine, pressing mode button takes you out of CarPlay and you can use the stereo interface to control music