ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Users starting to get hit with Malware

Anyone who has installed that should seriously reconsider their ability to use a computer and possibly go back to a typewriter.

Just listening to this on News 24 regarding Apple's update to remove this app.

"Installs itself on Mac OSX"

No. It doesn't. You have to install it, which means you're a dumbass.

I am really hoping that Apple increase their prices. Massively. They need to. Retards can now afford Macs. This is bad. Saying that, of course OSX isn't invulnerable to malicious code, but the more spleens that start using it, the more likely it is that dodgy code will be successfully propagated.

You still have to install it though? Even if it circumvents the password check, you still need to follow through with the install process? It's not completely automated. Is it?

Either way it was always going to happen. OSX is going to be targeted more and more as it becomes more mainstream. Hopefully, Apple will have the minerals to keep it in check, but if it becomes as popular as Windows, it'll have just as many threats. Common sense.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
You still have to install it though? Even if it circumvents the password check, you still need to follow through with the install process? It's not completely automated. Is it?.

Nope, downloads itself direct to the apps folder

"MacGuard downloads itself into this folder rather than the default download folder."

And you're right, as Mac OS becomes more popular it'll thus get targeted more. I can't see it getting as bad as with Windows though, not for a long while anyway.

Ah sorry, my bad. I did read that part but was multi-tasking at the time and the significance passed me by.

The nature of OSX should make this sort of thing relatively easy to prevent with updates, but yeah, the days of OSX being immune (lol) to malicious code are gone. I'm still rolling with Sophos. Not sure how good it is, or will prove to be, but it gives me an added layer of confidence. For now.

Because OS X is built on a Unix background it's very hard to get through and infect. 99% of the time you would have to install the virus yourself, like this does.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with running av, not exactly going to hamper the performance on these things!

Just down to choice really, might be sticking some on when I start my new job as a pen tester though :)