ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Applecare for Macs

Megane 225 F1
Do you have to buy the applecare at the same time as you buy the macbook or can you buy it a few weeks after?

Megane 225 F1
Haven't purchased yet. I'm hoping that my pay from working during the summer work placement doesn't get too heavily taxed. Either way, I won't be able to afford the applecare until the month after.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Get a uni student to buy it online on campus, get it cheaper and with 3 years warranty for free!

Megane 225 F1
WAIT. Uni students get applecare for free?!!!

Teacher you say. I work in a college. Does that count?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
WAIT. Uni students get applecare for free?!!!

Teacher you say. I work in a college. Does that count?

Its free for 3 year warranty, its not proper applecare because it doesn't include the phone support (thats about £60 extra iirc) but phone support is s**t anyway.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Dont think so, online only. In store you will have to pay for warranty.

Can be delivered anywhere though if you order online.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sorry girlsname, you're wrong.

You can drag a student in and get them to buy it, yes.

Make sure you bare in mind that the 30% discount is only available at some uni's, check if yours is valid by going in store and asking. (just say you're from whatever uni the student you're going to use is from).

Oh and Will, it's THREE YEARS, not just one you get, so it's awesome.

Megane 225 F1
Wonder if I could blag "I've just finished a FdSc at Bath Uni (true) and I'm about to start the BSc top up end of this month (false)".

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry girlsname, you're wrong.

You can drag a student in and get them to buy it, yes.

Make sure you bare in mind that the 30% discount is only available at some uni's, check if yours is valid by going in store and asking. (just say you're from whatever uni the student you're going to use is from).

Oh and Will, it's THREE YEARS, not just one you get, so it's awesome.

Thought the warranty was only a year instore, so you have to buy applecare for £60 to get anything?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I think applecare was £50 for three years? I think.

I'd have to look up my old threads.

Willdot, no blagging can be done, valid student ID is needed. As said, only some Uni's get the 30%, all others are 10%

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Three years? No way man!

I'm sure you have to pay for full applecare for three years? I'm sure of it.

screen-capture-17.png

Just taken that grab now

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I got a 13" MBP with Applecare on student discount for just over £900. The apple care cost just over £50 I think with discount and obviously gives a 3 year repair coverage.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Higher Education discount (university level) varies between machines. Here is a quick rundown which should clear up any confusion...

iMac (21.5"/27") - 12% ............. Applecare Protection Plan - £45.61 (normally £142)
Macbook Air (11"/13") - 14% ............. Applecare Protection Plan - £47.95 (normally £203)
Macbook Pro (13"/15"/17") - 15% ............. Apple Care Protection Plan - £47.95 for the 13" (normally £203) or £60.02 for the 15"/17" (normally £285).

These prices are based on walking into any of the retail stores in the UK. Each student is permitted to 1 Macbook Air/Pro+ 1 Cinema Display plus 1 iMac + 1 Cinema Display per academic year.

Any questions, gimme a shout.

Inferno 182 CUP
dont even worry about the hassle of getting a student.

order it online as you HAVE to for your 3 years .. and you dont get asked for any proof of student id etc etc ..

dont it many a time now

Megane 225 F1
So ordered one online, just checked the warranty status and it says only until this time next year?

That's not right is it?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
So ordered one online, just checked the warranty status and it says only until this time next year?

That's not right is it?

Takes a couple of months to come through, but it does eventually come through.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Its called a AppleCare Higher Education Uplift agreement.

I bought mine at the start of June and the agreement came through at the end of September, and the online status changed to 2014 too.