ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Approaching 'high' miles

02 Clio Sport 172 Full Fa
My 02 plate clio 172 ff has just passed the 99,000m mark, I'm gutted, less than 1000m to go and she'll have done 100,000m.

I check pistonheads and autotrader to see what price mine would fetch but never see any with more than 100,000miles on the clock.

The time will come to sell it soon and from a buyers perspective I just think as one of the few clio sports to appear in a list of clio sports to buy, mine will be last on the wish list

Not much I can do I suppose, other than to give it a good send off and sell it for what I can get, if I had the money I'd do the ring but will most likely be looking to go to a UK based trackday instead, its the least I can do :)

Is anyone else in a similar situation where they just cant fault their car but feel the mileage would put off potential buyers?

Audi TTS S Tronic
I am in EXACTLY the same situation :(

My car has now done 137,000 miles!!

Cam belt snapped and took out cylinder head at 116,000 miles, but has been replaced

A lot of the general wear and tear items (bushes and so on) have all now been replaced, so technically, the car is full of new parts. But, these days everybody thinks that mileage is everything :(

BG 182
I'm in the same situation!!!

30 more miles and im on 99999 then 1 mile after 100k!!! tbh, i'm looking forward to it :rasp:

But, yeah....people are put off by high miles.

Just get the clocks winded back, :cool:

ITB'd MK1
These engines get better with miles, I wouldn't bother with a low miler personally. If I were you I'd keep it and enjoy it for what it is if you're happy, rather than worry about the value. You'll only buy something else that will de-value just as fast.

BG 182
These engines get better with miles, I wouldn't bother with a low miler personally. If I were you I'd keep it and enjoy it for what it is if you're happy, rather than worry about the value. You'll only buy something else that will de-value just as fast.

Yep!, thats what i think.

Only gets you down thinking about how much you've lost on them etc etc.

I enjoy every minute of it (whilst its working anyway) ;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Miles always put people off,but thats just how it goes.Tbh i'd rather by an 80k car thats been owned by a careful family friend than his sons which has 30k on but does track days...

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
TBH i don't really think I'd have a problem selling my 112k mile 172.

Full service history, well looked after tidy, and a lot of money spent on it.

Not that I'd sell it anyway.

Audi TTS S Tronic
The only reason that I want to sell is because I have been driving for a year and I want something with a bit more power than a 1.2 8v car :)