ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AppStore update problem

Megane 225 F1
I have an update in the app store for iPhoto but when I try to update it, it says I cannot update until I have purchased it, even though it came preinstalled on my macbook pro.

What?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I updated mine yesterday and it worked fine.

I didn't do it from the AppStore though, was from the software updates thing which pops up.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Have you tried the "Software Update" from the Apple drop down menu like dk suggested?

Megane 225 F1
LOL he edited that in.

But no that didn't work. I did an update 2 days ago and I've had this app update for about 2 weeks.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I searched on google for update iPhone app store fails and got some links to apple support which the exactly the same problem you're experiencing.

This was one of the suggested fixes

Pre installed software doesn't update via the app store, only by software update. It's not a major version update is it? If it is, it won't update because you need to buy it, from the app store.Fix Step by Step

1. Click  > System Preferences
2. Click "User & Groups"
3. Click on Your account and look for "Apple ID" under Full name
4. Click "Set..." and sign in your account apple id
5. Click  > App Store..
6. Click "Sign in" under Quick Link tap (right side)
7. Click "Update" tap on top
8. Click update your app

Hopefully this will help.

Last edited:
  Megane 225 F1
Thanks for that. It is a major update which is the purchased version. I only have the version that came with my macbook.

Just annoying how there's always an update showing that I can't download :(

/anal