ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arctic blue Integra DC5

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Next up was a front splitter, a £7 universal ebay splitter to be exact, fitted with screws as the tape on there didn't appear to be too trustworthy. Makes quite a big difference to the look of the front end for a tiny outlay.

IMG_20201122_135221.jpg

IMG_20201125_183325-01.jpeg

IMG_20201125_183339-01.jpeg

I also managed to get it on a ramp again and get some pics of the underside, I did have to have a small patch welded to the rear passenger side for the MOT so wanted to check this out at the same time, there appears to be not much concern under there aside from some surface rust, I'm awaiting a quote back from the guy whos ramp it was to strip all of the underseal and surface rust back and raptor coat it under there.

IMG_20210111_095528.jpg

IMG_20210111_095540.jpg
IMG_20210111_095621.jpg
IMG_20210111_095703.jpg

It as undersealed on import in 2006 which seems to have held up quite well over the years which was a pleasant surprise as I was quite nervous again as the MOT also made reference to the suspension components being rusty all round, doesn't seem to be anything too out of the ordinary to me so must have been a very in depth tester!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I started to develop a bit of a rattle on half and above throttle, searched all over for it and eventually a friend of mine told me to pop round (He's a big honda nut) and we got underneath for another look, turned out to be the half shaft heat shield so we whipped that off for now and it's stopped the rattling which was driving me mad!

IMG_20201031_164552_1.jpg
IMG_20201031_164647.jpg

I currently have the car stripped down to sort out various bits of surface rust, there's some on the wheel well which is coming up nicely and the rear inner arches as referred to above, bit of a struggle finding time to do it at the minute and the inner arches were the reason I got it back on the ramp in the post above, luckily underneath it has all been sorted and is solid so I should be fine after some decent time wire brushing and a protective coating in there, access is a pain though so I'm working on my flexibility.

IMG_20201106_160011.jpg

IMG_20201106_161539.jpg

Renault Clio 182
@BenRS182 I can't reply in the other marques thread because pauper but this is mine that I picked up last May.

I still haven't had much chance to get out and use it due to the various lockdowns etc but my concensous is their cost now far outweighs them as a car in my opinion, over the last year or so they have rocketed value wise and are now unobtainable for a lot of people.

I bought this one as a lower end of the market car as I wanted to try one but wasn't really willing to pay over 10k for a decent one, the really good ones are now fetching 12-14k easily. If you want to try one I would try and find a lower end of the market one (I paid 7 for this) and check it for rust, get underneath if you can and try and get the seller to send you pictures of behind the rear 3/4 inner arch, I wouldn't bother about mechanical parts that need changing as quite a lot is interchangable with the EP3 and places like Japserviceparts have been spot on for me getting parts needed.

You're quite welcome to fire me any questions and I'll answer them the best I can for you, I also need to update this thread a bit so I'll get on to that this afternoon :)
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question! I can't believe how much more expensive they are now compared to a year or two ago!
You are brave going in at the lower end of the market but I suppose that isnt a bad move if you can save 6k and still get the opportunity to drive a DC5.
I will keep an eye on this thread! Your DC5 looks tidy tbh, although I reckon I would struggle to find one like that for 7k now.. :(

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
In between all of the above and lockdown 1 and 2 I met up with a couple of guys who have recently started youtube, we had been talking for a while and we got on really well so we hoped they could use the Integra to grow their channel a bit, the weather turned out to be perfect...aside from wind. It was great fun and I'll include the video below, it seemed to work with getting them some exposure so it was nice to be able to help them out on their journey (apologies for my introduction to the spec being a bit wooden!)

IMG_20200920_125228-01.jpeg
IMG_20200920_124517-01.jpeg
IMG_20200920_135154.jpg

I'm now 8 months into ownership and still haven't really had the opportunity to use it properly aside from 1 trip to the lakes, next on the list is tyres as they are still the limiting factor and I haven't been using it so haven't rushed to replace them. I will look at doing spacers or wider wheels at the same time so keeping an eye out for options popping up.

Due to the above I'm still very much undecided on how I feel about it, on one hand it's the one car I have always really wanted so I want to give it a decent chance but on the other my head tells me to get a megane 250 or mk7 fiesta st for the same money and use that as a base to build upon, I also really want to build a meglio at some point. I am going to hang in there for now until I get the chance to at least go to a show or 2 and get a trackday sorted in it and then make my mind up from there.

Sorry for the random all over the place posts, I'll try and keep it a bit more up to date now as I have a couple of parts such as an intake to go on.

Thanks!

Paul.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question! I can't believe how much more expensive they are now compared to a year or two ago!
You are brave going in at the lower end of the market but I suppose that isnt a bad move if you can save 6k and still get the opportunity to drive a DC5.
I will keep an eye on this thread! Your DC5 looks tidy tbh, although I reckon I would struggle to find one like that for 7k now.. :(

Yeah the market does seem to have gone a bit crazy in that time period! The advert for this one went live at 10pm, I woke up and saw it the next morning and bought it before getting out of bed as it seemed quite good for the price. Still quite a big gamble that could have bitten me but it seems like I have got about as lucky as you can get in that situation!

If you are North West based at all you're quite welcome to give it a try once we get ungrounded, same goes with anyone else local!

Renault Clio 182
Yeah the market does seem to have gone a bit crazy in that time period! The advert for this one went live at 10pm, I woke up and saw it the next morning and bought it before getting out of bed as it seemed quite good for the price. Still quite a big gamble that could have bitten me but it seems like I have got about as lucky as you can get in that situation!

If you are North West based at all you're quite welcome to give it a try once we get ungrounded, same goes with anyone else local!
Yes very lucky indeed! Unfortunately Im in the South East so couldn't be further :( Thanks for the offer though! I need to find some people local to me who have a DC5 so I can see one up close!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Yes very lucky indeed! Unfortunately Im in the South East so couldn't be further :( Thanks for the offer though! I need to find some people local to me who have a DC5 so I can see one up close!

Not a problem! That is probably your best bet, I will say though It's probably the comfiest car I have had for years for sitting in, the seats are fantastic!