ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arctic Blue or Racing Blue

MINI JCW

All being well should be ordering a 182 in the next month but only prob is not sure which blue to go for, I would be grateful if anyone could post a pic of their car so I can have a look at it

[Edited by gazcaddy on 30 August 2004 at 6:54pm]

VaVa

Bit of a difficult one this m8!! You really need to see both colours in the flesh to get a real idea of what they look like, becuase photos do absolutely nothing for either of them. Especially Racing Blue, which looks completely different in pictures to what it does in the metal.....

MINI JCW

Cheers mate, think i will go for arctic blue although IMO theres not much difference. Were the cup 172s arctic blue?

Yaris Hybrid

Get the racing blue. Its got old skool classic appeal and is the colour associated with the 182.

Yaris Hybrid

Ignore the photos posted of Racing Blue. Even the closer ones look absolutely nothing like it. Not yet seen one that comes close. Best go to a dealer or something and look at it in the flesh.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 30 August 2004

Ignore the photos posted of Racing Blue. Even the closer ones look absolutely nothing like it. Not yet seen one that comes close. Best go to a dealer or something and look at it in the flesh.
Yup. Just giving him an idea, as he said the two colours are similar!!

Like I said above, you have to see them in the flesh.....

MINI JCW

I will def look at them both in the flesh, I went to a car supermarket and the car dealer did not know what colour it was, i originally thought it was racing blue but after seeing those pics I think it was arctic blue

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

deffo would go for arctic blue, im thinking the novelty of racing blue with stripes could wear off very quickly

GW Clio 200

I am giving this major consideration at the moment.

Funk wrote a thread yesterday about colour and what influences people to choose the one for them, and it is hard...very hard..

I have just ordered the Racing Blue. I ordered it because "I" loved the look of it especially with the Gordini stripes. I have now got every Tom Dick and Harry telling me that the Stripes look chavvy and I should stick to something more conservative!!!

Then I run the Top Gear Video and realise that its my Car and Im the one who has to decide!!

I have stated that I may change the colour on another thread...but I really dont know whether I should after all..what others think should have absaloutely no bearing...as the Funkmeister says, if "you" like it you should buy it!!!

Yaris Hybrid

What about the vandalism issue?

Anything that sticks out will get vandalised, at least it will here in Bristol.

I live on an average private housing estate and have had to fit CCTV ffs.

I guarantee that where ever you park the car, be it outside your house, outside work, outside the pub, outside the cinema or in the supermarket carpark it will attract attention. People will notice it.

This will result in the car getting keyed, kicked, things chucked on it, you name it and it will happen.

Let the chavs notice someone elses car - get something that looks a little more plain.

GW Clio 200

I have secure off the road parking at my home and I work for a National Newspaper, you have to pass through several security points for clearance. So there really is no need to worry about parking.

Why do they not target the Mini Cooper S then ?

What I think it is, is we are conditioned to think because its a Clio, it doesnt have enough class to pull of having Gordini Stripes without looking like a boyracer!!!, I disagree with that.

If I had a 1.2 Dynamique in Nautical blue and got myself a set of huge 17" alloys and then added Gordinis it would look retarded...

But..

This is the Gordinini Racing Blue, Its suppose t have the stripes, its suits the stripes and looks classy!!

People are intitled to there opinions but answer this question..

Why do Minis pull it off, yet a comemorative Racing Blue Clio doesnt??

If we all liked the same things life would be boring suppose !!!

Yaris Hybrid

If I parked a Mini Cooper in my road or pub/supermarket carpark it would last all of tens minutes - about one minute longer than a 182 with stripes!

The Racing Blue 182 does pull it off because there is a good reason for it to have the stripes. Trouble is 1.2 and Cup owners have started fitting them now and they dont have a good reason. As a result of that, in the eyes of Joe Public the Gordini connection is forgotten and its just chavs in Clios as far as they are concerned. Racing Blue 182 owners then get tarred by the same brush I am afraid. Also Chavs dont know what a Gordini is so when they see a car with stripes they just think you are another rude boy trying to rival their Corsa-with-neons-and-chavylexus-lights so they vandalise it.

How secure is the parking at your local pub?

GW Clio 200

How secure is the parking at your local pub?

LOL I dont drink and my area fortunately is not that bad!!!

I do understand that there are going to be certain people that are going to think that I am trying to be a bit of a boyracer, but why should I worry about what others think. I know who and what I am, and Im secure in myself. Why should I have to allow for peoples arrogance and narrow mindedness all the time. Let them think Im a chav, let them think Im a Boyracer. I like the car, I want a 182 but I dont want Silver I have had Silver I dont want Artic Blue I have had a Cup, I dont want black because I have heard to many horror stories about keeping them clean and swirl marks...

I like the car that the Stig and Jeremy Clarkson throw around the track on the Top Gear vid.

I do care what people think but I shouldnt, and this time Im not!!! For once Im going to go with what I want... The missus thinks its cute now too so I have no choice anymore anyway ;)

Yaris Hybrid

Its not what people think of you, its the unwanted attention and vandalism the car attracts thats the problem. If you dont live in Bristol then lucky boy I guess you are safe and can go for the stripes!!!

Suspect you will still get nobs tailgating and trying to race you every five minutes though!

Also what puts me off is the warranty issue. I doubt the factory can put the stripes on as they couldnt do it on mine and that still hasnt been built yet!! Your dealer can get another company to do it but if they start peeling off - either through wear and tear or given a helping hand by chavs - who will pay to refit them? Will they only be warranteed for 1 year or 3?

Yaris Hybrid
  GW Clio 200

Suspect you will still get nobs tailgating and trying to race you every five minutes though!

Also what puts me off is the warranty issue. I doubt the factory can put the stripes on as they couldnt do it on mine and that still hasnt been built yet!! Your dealer can get another company to do it but if they start peeling off - either through wear and tear or given a helping hand by chavs - who will pay to refit them? Will they only be warranteed for 1 year or 3?

Well I am actually now going to get D-Cup to fit my Gordini Stripes...They are less than half the price so if they do peel ( which they better not ;) ) I can have them done again and I havent lost any money. Fortunately D-Cup is 5 mins away from where I live so I have the luxury of a home visit, this way I can choose exactly where and how I want them fitted rather than someone whos not going to take the time to do the job correctly and throw them on, hence me complaining and them having to be redone!!!

I suspect I will get nobs wanting to race me everywhere I go but the car is mainly my transport to work!!

At 5 oclock in the morning I drive up the A2 and have had a few blasts with fellas in my Cup, and they have all been against other Clio drivers!!! The roads are totally empty so its cool, but when I come home through London traffic I aint going nowhere fast and neither is anyone else. A race can only be run if there are 2 parties, and I dont dont race, well most of the time I dont !!!

GW Clio 200

Yup looks nice, thats a good reason for getting stripes.

Here is a good reason for not getting them:

http://www.geocities.com/toypops/6.JPGhttp://www.geocities.com/toypops/6.JPGhttp://www.geocities.com/toypops/

Welcome to Bristol...amazing what goes on a 2am on a Tuesday.

ROFLMFAO!!!

Lee

BMW M2C

As everyone has already said, you really cant go on the pictures being posted. Id seen both colours in the flesh before I ordered mine, and I actually turned up at the dealership ready to order Racing Blue. But as I pulled onto the car park there was one awaiting collection, sat in the sunshine. I looked at it and thought it was a little too bright for my tastes, having got a Monaco Blue 172 at the time, so I went for Arctic blue.

In some lights arctic looks just like the mondial blue of the Cup, but as its a pearlescent colour it looks many different shades in different lights.

dk

911 GTS Cab

thanks, our resident lagerlout!;) It is definitely personal choice and you should really see both in the flesh before deciding.

I ordered the racing blue without even seeing a photo of it as when i ordered it there werent any photos as mine was one of the first in the country and i first saw my colour 2 days before i picked it up, now thats scarey!

I was intrigued by the colour and loved the idea of the heritage behind it and wanted to make it stand out as a 182 as I personally felt the other three colours could mistaken for a 172 at a distance, but the racing blue is instantly recognisable as a 182 especially after all the media coverage it has got

When it comes to the stripes, they werent even mentioned when i bought mine and i havent had them retro fitted because of personal taste. I personally believe they will attract the worng tyoe of attention for where i park my car during the week. If my car was always where i park it at the weekends which is safe i would have them. I do love the stripes but they just arent right for my current circumstances.

TBH, whichever colour you choose will look stunning and you wont regret the decision.

If you want a really rare classy colour then the petrol blue would be my second choice (if it wasnt for the £1150 asking price) and then the yellow.

GW Clio 200

Dave do you have any pictures of the car that look remotely like the true Racing Blue...I have not seen one in the flesh but love the colour when shown on the Top Gear Vid, under the studio lights and when its taken around the track...

Please if you can find a picture post it here, I really want to see a true representation...do you live in Kent??

Does anyone have the Racing Blue that goes to the Bluewater meets ??? I would love to go along and see it in the flesh!!!

Tappd'd RS

I would have probably gone for arctic blue, but after owning a cup, I would probably now by racing blue just for a change.

dk

911 GTS Cab

it looks like this in some lights

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081966612__DSC01525b.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081966612__DSC01525b.jpg

but then this is also a good representation, but you really do need to see it in the flesh tbh, I am in High Wycombe, so quite a way from kent but if you want to meet half way one night then i will oblige.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1093904728__renault20344.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1093904728__renault20344.jpg

(me at the renaultsport trackday, bedford)

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I went to my dealer to place an order in Racing blue unaware it was available in Arctic blue.As soon i was shown Arctic blue my mind was changed.

I love this colour and would go for it again now if buying again. :D