ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are 172’s girls car’s

Quote: Originally posted by greeper on 25 August 2003

:eek:

They are definately girls cars, but then a lot of girls have excellent taste in cars.;)

Must admit I get a lot more admiring looks and comments in my Golf than I did in the 172.

Admiring looks for a 150 TDi Golf? You sure?????!?!

yeah all them reps in vectras cant help but stare at a golf on the motorway, wishing they were in a bavarian built masterpiece rather than a sh*tty vauxhall

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 26 August 2003

They are definately girls cars, but then a lot of girls have excellent taste in cars.;)

Must admit I get a lot more admiring looks and comments in my Golf than I did in the 172.

cant tell a 150 tdi from a 1.6. (apart from the puff of black smoke) Nice motors though.

I think the 172 isnt so much of a girly motor compared to the standard versions (meaning no offence by the way!). It just looks so much meatier and mean!! Definitley NOT a girly car!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

The truth is the truth, and after loving my 172 for a year I must admit the Golf does look better in the flesh, I never liked the 172s big behind.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Well girls do like my 172:oops: but, its usually the non car literate idiots who think Clio = Girls Car.

In motoring circles you mention that you own a 172 and people usually ask how it goes, whats it like to drive. Occasionally you will get ripped off because of Renault quality not being there, but overall the Clio is accepted to be a true Hot Hatch with enough muscle to see off most competition:devilish:.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by greeper on 26 August 2003

The truth is the truth, and after loving my 172 for a year I must admit the Golf does look better in the flesh, I never liked the 172s big behind.
Theres nothing wrong with a j-lo..

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

True but it is better proportioned;).

Whenever I told anyone I owed a 172 they would look blankly at me, then when I explained it was a Clio and a very fast one they would often say "ahhh you have a Clio Williams":mad:.

172 is a bit girly due to Clios beeing marketed at young ladies, the 172 isnt quite far enough away in style terms and to the untrained eye they look very similear, the Cup is better and the V6 is definately a penis extension.

Why do people care, it is still one hell of a good car.

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Nope Simon I sold it but wish I could have kept it, but I am but one person. Yeh the 150 does move very rapidly.

its a car what does it matter i see more women in ctrs than 172s by a long shot lol infact i see alot of blokes driving all types of clios

why would you need a car to pull ??? as if its the car she likes why the fack would you want to be with her

The 172 is no where near close to being a girls car. this car is what small dreams are made for. the cars got everything you need. People who are jealous say its a girls car. pay no attention to them.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 26 August 2003

the 172 is a girly car

however the Cup is a manly car
True jon , all my mates have Cups now.

Ok so they are all gay, but still very much men.

Mk2 172

Being advertised by young ladies and a camp French bloke, hasnt helped the 172s image.

Nicole and Papa (young lady and old bloke) didnt help the image at all either.

I am now wondering why I purchased my 0-60 in 7, 144mph, 172(ish)bhp, pocket rocket.

Oh yeah, so as I could cruise leisurely down the motorway at 120 with 3 mates in the car, and whip around country roads ar break neck speeds.

most fast cars have a girly younger sibling

just look at the vitara then look at the excudo pikes peak lol ones girly ones fookin mental

Clio v6

Wow! Elliot . You must be loaded. Your very own private motorway and country road.:)

What I have been saying all along. It aint money that matters, its size.

Quote: Originally posted by VivJ on 25 August 2003

Yes, my 172 is a girls car.....AND??

All you blokes should give your 172s to girls....Ive started a collection so send them to me.........:devilish:

Tell ya dad to get over it, coz yours is a blokes car!!!! (BTW, A man who doesnt care what others think is very sexy..........................;))

Well I do my best to give my Willie to Girls all the time:eek:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 25 August 2003

"Yeah, real men drive a Valver/Williams and can afford the gigantic bills that go with them! :D"

Well with the help of an ever increasing loan:(
So would that make my car a "Mans Car"?

the thing that i get wound up about, duno if 172s r same but the fact that my visor has a mirror in it apparently insues it is in fat built for girls, but im not happy as of late that everywhere i go i see old people driving em, and there face when they see mine :devilish:

2012 WRX Waggon

the 172 vanity mirrors are illuminated, both sides!!

so u can see ur smile when uve just nailed ur fav b road:devilish:

when I got rid of my mk2 slow MR2 for the 172 my next door neighbour said ohh didnt you like that fast car then!... maggot teaser.

Definately the 172 is a girls car. The image over heard in OZ, is that is basically the same size as the cars all other girls tend to drive (mirage, barina etc)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by pete on 26 August 2003

when I got rid of my mk2 slow MR2 for the 172 my next door neighbour said ohh didnt you like that fast car then!... maggot teaser.
But thats what I love about the 172... people just think its a normal clio.. then its bye bye time as they eat your dust..

I say F**K em. I drive what I want to drive and pay no attention to peer pressure. If you listened to what all the other people say you would probably never do half the things you wanted to do.

If you want it, just get it and enjoy it. Its your money (or the creditors!), spend it as you please.

Paul