ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are "Full Spec" 200s Difficult to Come By?

Hi Everyone,

This is more first post, so hello.

I'm thinking of selling my current car for a Renaultsport Clio 200. I've been researching the marque for the past eight months now and was initially told by the Cambridge Renault dealer, when asked what options the car may have come with, that the 200 has no options and anyone with a "full spec'd" car for sale was a liar. I did not have the best experience at this dealership.

This week I visited the Renault dealer in Ware. Sadly, I had a similar experience. The one salesperson that they had was on a test drive, leaving only the commercial sales chap. Again, it was pointed out that the car had no options. He handed me the brochure though and I turned to the correct page and showed him the options that he wasn't aware of. This dealer had two 200 cars, but no-one knew what was fitted to them.

Is someone trying to tell me something about this car?!

Anyway, I have two things that tick the boxes on the option list of this car:
  • IPod connectivity - I understand I need the Multifunction Tunepoint for this?
  • Renault Monitor - I love gadgets and data, and this ticks some boxes (even though there's the RS app - but my experience of these types of app is that they're not acurate)

So, and thanks for reading if you have got this far, my question is - are 200s with the above options difficult to come by as I hardly see them listed on the Renault used website, Autotrader or Pistonheads? Is there another option, such as bluetooth, that means the Tunepoint is fitted for example?

I really hope someone can help?

Cheers.

Petrol Blue 182.
I can't help you in your search unfortunetley, however the feed back I see on here from people with regards to dealers is that they all seem to employ retards. I went to Reading Renault a couple of months back to see a Megane RS with a friend. The manager had his feet up on the desk, with his hands behind his head as if he was asleep! lol. No one came out to see us and give us help, open the car etc.

Went to another dealer SMC Woking (admitidly they didnt have any in stock) but salesman told us not to bother buying one as the depreciate too much! LOL

Back on topic, keep a look out in the cars for sale section here, Pistonheads is also worth a shout.

Steve @ R-Sport cars on here comes up with some diamond cars also, you may have to be a paid member to access the traders section however.

Clio 182
The renaultsport monitor is a pretty rare option tbh, you could struggle getting one in a used car bud.

The dealer experience is pretty common, however the specific two options you've listed are pretty rare I think, don't think they were options that were that popular. Mainly due to cost I think!

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Tbh I think the only chance of getting a full spec'd one is to buy a raider..

Rs monitor
iPod connectivity
Leather recaros
Folding mirrors
Ect

Problem is there isn't any!

Want to buy mine ;)

I30N, LS430, 197
The renault monitor is pretty rare as has been stated, The tunepoint USB (bluetooth) can be retrofitted. Apparently the RS monitor can too but I've only seen it done on a handful of cars (all in Germany oddly) and it requires a dealer with some knowledge which you won't find in the UK.

Panoramic Sunroof

Pretty sure that isn't an option on the 200's

Clio 200
The renault monitor is pretty rare as has been stated, The tunepoint USB (bluetooth) can be retrofitted. Apparently the RS monitor can too but I've only seen it done on a handful of cars (all in Germany oddly) and it requires a dealer with some knowledge which you won't find in the UK.

Pretty sure that isn't an option on the 200's

I test drove one with a sunroof. Rare beasts. Only one I've ever seen.

Join Renault sport more knowledgeable dealers post details of their stock

Was a nimbus 200 on AT with Bluetooth & sun roof :cool:

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
View attachment 93133
This is my 200 it has the leather quilted recaros, folding mirrors tints etc it took me about a year to find but was well worth the wait, i found it on the renault website.

Nissan 350z
Anyway, I have two things that tick the boxes on the option list of this car:
  • IPod connectivity - I understand I need the Multifunction Tunepoint for this?
  • Renault Monitor - I love gadgets and data, and this ticks some boxes (even though there's the RS app - but my experience of these types of app is that they're not acurate)

Unfortunately as you pointed out the majority of dealers know sweet F all about the Renaultsport models. I can only assume this was because there was little commision to be made on selling them compared with the white goods range of Renaults. Basically you are going to need to do alot of in person visits.
- If the car has bluetooth connectivity, it will have IPod connectivity. Under the stereo near the cup holder is a flap. If there is a USB port behind this you have the Tunepoint. If its just an AUX in then its standard.
- If the car has an RSmonitor it will display "RenaultSport" logo instead of just "Renault" when you turn the ignition on.

Happy hunting :coffee:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Any spec that includes sunroof & Or monitor your finding it hard as that option wasnt ticked much.

The monitor was specced more than the bluetooth as you can get round that-

The problem is most will be looking for base spec to go with it- IE
cup pack, + recaros

So to find cup pack + recaros + monitor etc will be very hard to find.

Glenn you have no chance.

Best of luck.
S

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Apparently you can buy and retrofit the RS monitor for £100, I think the loom is already there, just needs plugging in... There's a guy toying with it on 200.net.

its been retrofitted to a twingo so it shouldn't be hard to do to a 200 :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Also, the remaining unsold 200s will most likely have no options ticked... So I'm guessing the dealers are saying they didnt have options to try and blag a sale.

when I get home ill have a browse around for you. Have you checked the classifieds on 200.net?

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Image.axd

£18,995.00
Clio 2011 Renaultsport 200 Raider
Year: 2012 Mileage: 9000
Dealer: RAWLINSON, BURY ST EDMUNDS

Distance: 30 miles
Stock Type: Renault Dealer Used Cars
View this Vehicle

Image.axd

£15,000.00
Clio 2011 Renaultsport 200 Raider
Year: 2011 Mileage: 4101
Dealer: RENAULT CROYDON

Distance: 48 miles
Stock Type: Renault Dealer Used Car

Cheers Nightrider Renault.

I'm glad you found that Raider at Rawlinsons. I sent an email enquiry to them on Tuesday about this, and received a prompt call to say the Raider had no Monitor.

However, today I get a call from the same salesman to say that a colleague mentioned that it does have the Monitor and Tunepoint. So, I am off for a test drive tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Petrol Blue 182.
Cheers Nightrider Renault.

I'm glad you found that Raider at Rawlinsons. I sent an email enquiry to them on Tuesday about this, and received a prompt call to say the Raider had no Monitor.

However, today I get a call from the same salesman to say that a colleague mentioned that it does have the Monitor and Tunepoint. So, I am off for a test drive tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Good Luck! I've never seen a Raider, but they look great in the matt finish.

Tested the Raider at Rawlinsons today. I really enjoyed it and, with credit to the sales chap, he gave me a good 10 mile test drive.

My first drive in such a car, and my initial thoughts:
Very firm, almost visceral, drive
Loud revs (thought I was making it scream, but I was on doing 5k rpm - high revs gave more enjoyment)
Matt finish looks great (although their valeter didn't wipe it down with a clean leather apparently)
Toys worked fine (well the iPod did - I didn't even look at the monitor)

So, I'm currently preparing the private advert for my current car (a '59 Insignia VXR) with a view to raising enough funds to get an offer in to the dealer. Let's hope I can do it in time.

...although, I wonder if they will agree a price, then take a deposit to get it take it off their forecourt. Such a tricky situation, as I feel the need to act faster than my sale will happen.

Petrol Blue 182.
I've got a friend thinking about an insignia vxr, could you link me to the advert whens it's done please?

Did you not see what they would offer you as a part exchange? If you were to leave a deposit, then that would take the car down for sale (it would with me anyway)

Fiesta ST200
Any 200 with 'good spec' is difficult to find. The reason being as soon as they go on Auto Trader, the first enthusiast that has been looking for one will snap it up straight away.

As someone else has said. if you want one with ALL the toys, buy a raider.

Happy hunting mate!

Thanks for the replies all.

Negotiations for this Raider have started. I was offered £12k for my Insignia VXR on Friday afternoon, £12.3k on Saturday morning then £12,650 Monday morning. Needless to say that I've put it on Pistonheads and Autotrader.

I have made an offer based on the Croydon car and despite the "chuckles had" they have come back to me with a counter-offer, which is still a lot more than the Croydon one. So, I'm still considering my options.

Do you reckon the dealers are internet-savvy and read these discussions? The chap at Rawlinsons, amongst many other things, did admit that they were "possibly slightly off the mark when it comes to the pricing". Shouldn't they be checking these internet prices?

Petrol Blue 182.
Depends what the dealer bought the Raider for. If Croydon paid less for their Raider then they're going to advertise it cheaper and sell it quicker.
The dealer you're looking to buy from may have paid more for their Raider so arn't in as much of a position to negotiate on price.

If you sell cars for losses, won't be long before your bankrupt ;)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Just as an aside depending on your disposable income-

You have chosen the model of 200 out of the whole range that will depreciate significantly in the next 12-24 months - more so than a standard specced 200.

At least the croydon one is almost realistic.

your 15k Raider is

private.
~ 13500 now, 11 in 12 months & probably 10k in 18 months.
so ~ 5k loss loss in 18 months or ~ £260 a month...

at least thats better on the sam raider @ 18k
8k loss in 18 months = just under £500 a month loss.

Raiders are quite un-desirable- like the blue gordinis.....

but depends on your pockets.

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I agree but to put it into perspective I would rather drive a non cup pack silver 182 than be seen in a raider....

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I dunno- everyone has their taste-

I think the paint is poor- & the wheels look awful & GT Spoiler IIRC= Fail.

Depreciation = mega fail.

I remember the guy on the RS forum who paid 21k & struggled a year later to give it away for 15k.

The seats are nice though!

Just thought I would update you all on my quest to find a 200.

Firstly, to acknowledge the points made by various posters. I agree that a dealer that sells cars at a loss will not survive. I also understand that a dealer that does not have a regular turnover of forecourt cars may also suffer the same fate.

So, just to focus on the dealer in question for a minute, having told me that "this car will sell by the weekend if we drop it down to £17,500 on the forecourt", the car is still there for sale two weeks later (http://www.rawlinsongroup.co.uk/used_cars/2056/renault-clio-2011-renaultsport-200-raider/).

I would have liked a Raider, but we could not agree a price. This turned out to be a good thing, as it forced me to look elsewhere for the specification that I was after.

I decided to turn to the Silverstone limited edition. I have test driven one, agreed a price with the seller, and I am looking to collect it tomorrow.

Fingers crossed eh?!

Clio 200 Cup
I've seen that car, hated the colour & to be honest I just couldn't afford it.
So.... I bought the Clio Cup they had instead. Can't believe that I've now got a car without A/C or even lecky mirrors!
It's a funny thing though the lack of kit is one of the reasons I love it...........

GTD, Lupo
Have a good look over the paint work. Check the paint behind the passenger headlight and check all the arches for drips of clear coat that might have chipped away! Other than that good choice.