ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are Scorpion exhausts any good?

ph1 172 Black
My ph1 172 is blowing from back box. So it's either a trip to RoadRunner or Scorpion as they are close.

J

Jim NM

Absolutely... I had one on my R5GTT and it was the best...

Well made S/S systems. I would have fitted one to me 172 but they don't make the stealth type. All sticky out tail pipes which i don't want on my car :)

J

Jim NM

i've just bought one for my 172 picking up on thursday i'll let you know what its like

I hope it fits well, scorpians tend to be a bit awkward to fit, I managed mine ok. No knocking or rattling. Scraped my knees and elbows scratching around under the car, but it was worth it. They sound so cool. :cool:

J

Jim NM

thats what im hoping. if its not a good fit and rattles around too much it'll be up for sale next week.lol

Best to persevere with it and make it fit properly.. as they are a quality zorst

Good luck buddy..

Well made S/S systems. I would have fitted one to me 172 but they don't make the stealth type. All sticky out tail pipes which i don't want on my car :)

Modern Scorpion systems on the GTT are pretty pants. I used to have a properly old skool scorpion on mine and it was awesome, the fit was excellent. Never knocked once!

ph1 172 Black
Oh dear. I wanted a Stealth one and one thats not too noisy.

Would rather hear the engine than a throaty (bad spelling) exhaust.

What would you recommend? Heard Magnex are good for performance but I really don't want a really droney throated exhuast had that before and did my head in a 3-4k revs. My friend has a Magnex on his Calibra DTM and it's too noisy for me.

J

Jim NM

Modern Scorpion systems on the GTT are pretty pants. I used to have a properly old skool scorpion on mine and it was awesome, the fit was excellent. Never knocked once!

Mine fitted good too after several mods on the brackets.. good zorsts though Ralph!

J

Jim NM

What would you recommend? Heard Magnex are good for performance but I really don't want a really droney throated exhuast had that before and did my head in a 3-4k revs. My friend has a Magnex on his Calibra DTM and it's too noisy for me.

K-Tec Stealth sounds good on mine and easy to fit, having adjustable brackets.The quality is not as good as a Scorpian though (IMO)

ph1 172 Black
Just brought new bracket for mine cause was rattling though. Suppose I will have to ebay it.

How load are the K-Tech Stealths?

J

Jim NM

Just brought new bracket for mine cause was rattling though. Suppose I will have to ebay it.

How load are the K-Tech Stealths?[/quote
Not loud at all they are raspy... Good on motorways not intrusive.

Clio 172 mk2

Avoid Magnex.....weigh a ton and IMO look chavo

K-tec Stealths are good:D