ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are the steering racks from regular Clios and Clio Sports the same?

172 ph1
I'm currently looking at a 1000 Euro bill for changing my worn out steering rack.

Much of that is the cost of the steering rack itself, listed at 650 Euros in the price offer.

A 2nd hand car parts place has steering racks for Clio 2s for just 240 Euros, but don't know if they'll fit in my 172.

Does anyone know? :S

330i. E30 Touring.
I'm tempted to say they'd be different.

I don't know why but my 1.2 had a better turning circle than my 172.

M

mini-valver

Sports use hyrdaulic power steering, lower models all use an electric rack.

172 ph1
shiyan, have you looked into having your rack reconditioned?
I've not been able to find anywhere in Belgium where they'd do such a thing :(

all the Renault garages I've called up in Belgium have said that if the rack's worn out then there's nothing to be done other than replacing the whole thing

to be honest I'm not sure if my steering is very out of the ordinary

perhaps I need another Clio to compare to - with mine, it's not that the wheels don't turn when I start to turn the steering wheel, they do but the steering ratio seems less, once the steering's been turned somewhat it becomes more direct - wheel turns more for the same amount of steering input

Last edited:
  BMW M135i
Only an RS rack will fit i'm afraid, don't think they're specific over the revisions though but don't quote me on it.