ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 steering stiff after gearbox change

Clio 172
Hello,
I recently bought clio 172 facelift, I only drove it for couple of days, when I removed and repaired the gearbox. I do not remember how was the steering before, but it takes a lot of force to turn the steering wheel and when cornering, the wheel does not want to center itself, when I remove my hands.
While removing-refiting the gearbox, I did not remove the steering rack, I zip-tied it to the car, so power steering lines were not removed. When I turn the steering wheel, while the car is still and engine is running, I can turn the wheel with a lot of force. But, when I turn the engine off, its even harder to turn the steering wheel, so power steering pump is doing something. Power steering fluid is in level and I do not hear any sounds when turning the steering wheel.

Does anybody has an Idea what could be the problem and what to look for?