ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are these Cup springs?

Got a set of front springs here sold to me as Cup springs, and trying to work out if they are actually Cup items. I suspect they are not as I have seen photos of Cup springs showing five full winds whereas these have four.

No paint markings on the springs, but they do have numbers printed on one of them: 74829 T486333.

B539AA86-60EB-4F11-892D-C98000B7A3D7.jpeg
21272796-68F2-4B69-B2A3-EF71A6790058.jpeg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
They should have coloured dots on them to help identify them.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
They look like some aftermarket ECP type of springs to me. Genuine cup springs have red and white dots on them.
172 cup, 182 cup and 182 cup packed all had the same springs.

Last edited:
Thanks. Pretty sure that 172 Cup and 182 Cup/FF springs are different. 172 Cup front springs have yellow and white dots while 182 Cuo/FF springs have yellow and blue dots.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks. Pretty sure that 172 Cup and 182 Cup/FF springs are different. 172 Cup front springs have yellow and white dots while 182 Cuo/FF springs have yellow and blue dots.
182 cup packed springs are definitely red and white dots. And yeah you're right 172 cup springs are yellow and white.

It was my understanding the rear Cup springs have red and white dots whereas the fronts have yellow and blue as per this pic

DSC_1892.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Reading alot regarding springs.

Hope you pro's will know the answer.

I have a clio 182 FF completely standard.

Will cup springs fit on it?

The set I have purchased have white dots on the rears and suplex 27202 on the fronts?

Any advice appreciated

https://www.amazon.co.uk/clouddrive/recent/kOR2psybRpK2kBAVf46n7w
If you have an FF then you’ll already have the cup springs on them, so changing them for changing sake won’t yield any benefit As far as I know. I had a non cup suspension 182 and fitted cup springs for better height.