ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are these spark plugs past it?

A.N. Other
They're the correct NGK ones, and have done ~12k miles.
The car has recently started to be unreliable starting, whether cold or warm. Have ordered a coil pack to but wasn't sure about these and there is no oil contamination in there.

All four look like this;
DSC_0051.gif

DSC_0055.gif

Seat Ibiza
I think they do too. Aren't a lot of plugs rated these days to over 50k?

I wouldn't start buying random bits because you have a starting problem, might be something simple like a battery. Carry out some proper checks before buying things, your just wasting your money otherwise.

Look fine to me after doing a bit of research on what good and bad spark plugs look like, If the coil pack doesn't solve your problem you could try the spark against metal test on each plug to see if one is faulty. After that maybe diagnostics tests.

A.N. Other
Aye thought they were ok TBH - forgot about NGK's own website info - thanks!

All leads & earths seem ok & the cheap bluetooth code reader i've got isn't giving any fault codes so will wait and see on this coilpack before doing/buying anything else..

Might be worth cleaning a few earths and the main earth lead under the car, I think its passenger side when looking under.

Battery good?

A.N. Other
Battery should be fine, it had done ~120miles earlier in the day I tried it myself and it suffered and there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it - sometimes it's fine sometimes it isn't. Will get it checked though if the coilpack doesn't help. Will check earths as well - good idea, cheers.