ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are they the same alloys

clio dynamique alloys
and
172 alloys

are they the same as they look very much alike, but before i go ahead a buy a 172 alloy to match my dynamique alloys is there any differants

Lee

BMW M2C
They are slightly different. Dynamique ones are 15", 172 are 16"s. The Phase 3 dynamique ones do look practically the same though.

Basically the late dynamiques got an inch smaller copy of the phase2 172 rims. Some countries dont have type approval for the 195.45.16 tyres or they have w**k roads so need higher sidewall tyres so you'll find in some countries (australia etc) they run the 15" wheels on the 172 as well but not sure if the offset differs.

Loony said:
late dynamique are 15", 172 phase 2 rims are 16" but the same style
arrr i thort that but i was trying to fool myself in thinking they were the same style and SIZE, never mind i will continue my search for a clio dynamique alloy :(

ITB'd 172 POPTART
Ahh i noticed the exact same thing this evening, looked exactley the same and i was like WTF!!! But no they are n inch smaller :p lol

clio 172 mk2
Loony said:
Basically the late dynamiques got an inch smaller copy of the phase2 172 rims. Some countries dont have type approval for the 195.45.16 tyres or they have w*nk roads so need higher sidewall tyres so you'll find in some countries (australia etc) they run the 15" wheels on the 172 as well but not sure if the offset differs.

Yep... 172s in Chile came with 15". Not sure if it's a matter of road quality. Lots of OE lower profiles around here... as the 206 RC (205/40R17)