ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are we Chavs

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Cant be bothered to read it all so Ill just add my 2 penys worth:

A CAR DOESNT MAKE SOME ONE A CHAV!

A CHAVS A CHAV NO MATTER WHAT THEY DRIVE!

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 29 October 2004

Who said the ride quality of my car is now worse than before?? It was was done to handle better and look smarter and imo it does, only a person with chav on the brain like yourself would think it didnt!!

So you sayin the cup on here with 17" white turinis is chav because imo it looks nice as!! Or are cups excluded from this???;)

Just because you put 17s on a car to look nice it makes you a rudey because it may lose a bit of performance!!!???Lol:confused:

Cheers
The Clio Cup touring cars run on 15s.

Now justify fitting anything larger for performance reasons.

Nuff said!!!!!

I always thought that if you modified your car you were thought of as a "Car Enthusiast" maybe im wrong :confused:

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Jonny Disco on 30 October 2004

**** me the definition of chav has evolved out of all control on this site, lol.

Chav and pikey now seem to = the same. ffs i used to enjoy this website

But it reminds me of how i went from being a clio fanatic to not wanting anything to do with them, and a lot of that had to do with the mentality of some of the people on this site...

Sorry to all the decent peeps and old skoolers here, jill, jas, hippy, etc mike an all... too much testosterone now and crap threads for the sake of it
IT A f**kING FORUM!!! ITS NOT REAL LIFE!! If reading some of the posts on here (and there are dickheads that post on here, dont get me wrong) has made you "not want anything to do with" clios, you are indeed a shallow and sad person. Get a f**king life ffs!!

Chavs around here normally hang around macdonalds wearing baseball caps and sportsware. Some are on crappy scooters pulling wheelies while the car owners usually have max power blue LED washer jets, under car neons, stick on halfords fuel filler caps, ripspeed/maxpower stickers, crap sunstrips, jap style bumbers on a euro car, cars full of filler with grey prima all over it, painted windscreen wipers and chicken wire mesh all over the place.

Abarth 500

Quote: Originally posted by Day172 on 30 October 2004

I always thought that if you modified your car you were thought of as a "Car Enthusiast" maybe im wrong :confused:
Lovely quote :D

Keep going on about chavs and youll all turn into them (thats if you havent already ;)). He who doth protest too much and all of that...

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 30 October 2004

Who said the ride quality of my car is now worse than before?? It was was done to handle better and look smarter and imo it does, only a person with chav on the brain like yourself would think it didnt!!

So you sayin the cup on here with 17" white turinis is chav because imo it looks nice as!! Or are cups excluded from this???;)

Just because you put 17s on a car to look nice it makes you a rudey because it may lose a bit of performance!!!???Lol:confused:

Cheers

Nuff said!!!!!

Thing is mate the Clio Cups that people have on here are NOT touring cars!!

Possibly the people that have them dont want them just for performance reasons!!

Nuff said!!!!!

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 30 October 2004

Cheers

Nuff said!!!!!

Thing is mate the Clio Cups that people have on here are NOT touring cars!!

Possibly the people that have them dont want them just for performance reasons!!

Nuff said!!!!!
Why would you buy a Cup for anything other than performance? The interior is absolute gash so its a bit pointless tarting up the outside when the inside looks so bad. Anyone buying a car for the image/looks or whatever would get a standard 172. The Cup is a proper track day car so purely cosmetic mods have no place on it.

rsturbo and a xr3i

i dont understand this link with modded cars and chavs . i was under the impression that a chav is another term for a lout or layabout someone who makes a nuisance out of themselves now imo a chav would be the type of person that wouldnt work that would live on benefits probebly have loads of kids to different women drive a right old banger with no mot no tax or insurance a death trap on wheels probebly driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs . now most ppl that i know of with a modified car have spent time and money on the car . money that theyve worked hard for cause its there hobby something they like doing like some ppl like going clubbing every weekend some ppl spend loads of money on cigarettes which i think is crazy but each to their own . im not gonna slate them for that but rather than smoking and going clubbing or taking drugs id sooner put my money into my car .

Yaris Hybrid

chav culture and the modified car culture are pretty much the same thing.

Anyone with lexus lights on anything other than a lexus is a chav.

Why are those people who have been identified as a chav so offended? No one said it was a crime to be a chav?

rsturbo and a xr3i

so im a chav then ?? i still dont get it sorry maybe im just getting to old for this type of sh*t

[Edited by mandy007 on 30 October 2004 at 6:17pm]

this post, although it has elements of valid points in it, is pretty narrow minded to be honest!

dont get me wrong, I too cant help take the piss when you see a 1.1 furio saxo with flourest tubing hanging from its under belly and a "motorsport" sunstrip where the owner didnt even realise that the logo is associated with Fords.

BUT

I really dont think it deserves the barrage of abuse that these guys get!

I mean, I too have a had a full show car with engine, interior, expensive paint and stereo additions that drew loads of attention all the time; mostly good but some bad, does that make me a "CHAV"

The thing is that reading this post would make me think I should hang my head in shame but I really dont think I should!

the other aspect that people really dont seem to get is that just because people look a certain way theyre branded as being almost a criminal! is that right?

A good example of this is the UK hip hop scene, most of the clothes that people wear in this culture would be classed as "CHAVISH" so if theyre into that sort of thing does that automaticly make them a knob because of the way they look?

no, i doesnt!

its the same as anything really, any cultural groups reputation will be tarnished if people that are into that culture decide to be a prick but that is the individual and thats how they should be judged, as an individual!

I would never be caught dead in a burburry cap, but thats me! that doesnt mean that ever person that puts one on instantly turns into a hooligan!

be realistic people, all this chav sh*te is getting out of hand!

rant over :D

LY 200

chav culture and the modified car culture are pretty much the same thing.

Anyone with lexus lights on anything other than a lexus is a chav.

Why are those people who have been identified as a chav so offended? No one said it was a crime to be a chav?

LOL

Maybe because the way your identifying these people is wrong!!

And as for the Cup being soley for performance thats crap as the Cup on the outside looks better than a standard 172 and you cant get a standard 172 in mondial blue!!

At the end of the day nobody agrees with you so jump in your standard 182 and f**k off as this is a forum for enthusiasts, chavs whatever you wanna call someone who mods there car in anyway other than performance!!

Im not gonna bite at anything you have to say anymore as your obviously a total numpty!!

Yaris Hybrid

Why do you think being called a chav is "abuse"?

Its just a title used to refer to people with a certain set of interests. A cultural group.

Nothing offensive or abusive about that.

If you modify your car cosmetically then you are a chav. Some chavs just do a bit of lowering, others fit neons and massive spoilers.

Why do you think being called a chav is "abuse"?

Its just a title used to refer to people with a certain set of interests. A cultural group.

Nothing offensive or abusive about that.
have you been on chavscum.com? would you wanna be labled like that?

its all about the individualy, if someone acts like a knob, theyre a knob!

its got nothing to do with what kind of hat youre wearing at the time!

rsturbo and a xr3i

well if im a chav cause i have lexus lights on my car well i will have to be one a long with loads of other ppl including my 40 year old next door neighbour cause she has just bought a brand new mgzr with lexus lights on it must nip round and tell her to buy a burberry cap :eek:

Yaris Hybrid

Well you should moan at the people behind chavscum if you find their remarks about your cultural group offensive.

I am saying that in my opinion you belong to a certain cultural group. That is a completely benign statement.

If someone else says that every member of that cultural group is a knob then that aint my fault. On the other hand millions of people think car modifying etc is fantastic so it could be argued that me calling you a chav is actually a compliment.

if you had the inteligence to read my statement correctly you wouldve seen that I could never be classified as a chav and i have none of the characterists youre refering to.

my point was that people are being classified by their appearance as to how they behave socially!

and thats bullsh*t!

rsturbo and a xr3i

toypop . you say its term used for someone who mods a car or who has a certain set of interests fine then i dont mind been called a chav if thats all it is but its not . like on that website you have the likes of jordon , danniella westbrook etc and ppl are saying there chavs well im sorry but i dont want to be associated as been the same as them. jordon makes me laugh but no way would i behave like her she is crude and disgusting and a out and out sl*g and as for danniella well need i go on

E91 M Sport

chav
Noun. A person of working class origin, generally poorly educated, often very casually dressed in sportswear. Derog.

Yaris Hybrid

At the end of the day Jordan has a lot of money in the bank and despite being young could if she wanted retire and never do a days work again. So I would view her as successful and an achiever yet you call her a sl*g based on what you have read in news papers.

You are every bit as guilty as chavscum for sl*gging people off without properly knowing what most of them are about.

Jordan may well be a chav but I think most chavs should be proud to have a successful person like that associated with them. Certainly contradicts what others have said about chavs being thieving scumbags.

Also a dictionary can say that the word chav is derogatory if they wish but the words "gay" and "n*gger" used to be considered derogatory but now members of the groups to which those words referred are now proud to use them in reference to themselves.

Clio Sport 172

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 28 October 2004

Anyone here whose car is unmodifed is not a chav.

Anyone with a modfied car is a chav.

If the modified car is a Valver, Willy, 172/Cup/182 then you are a just a normal chav.

If your modified car is a not one of those sports models and is instead a Dynamique or the likes then you are a super chav.

that is the biggest load of ive ever heard in my life mate you are talking total bull

rsturbo and a xr3i

its not what ive read in the papers about jordon ive seen her on telly in action i just find her crude and disgusting like i said earlier she makes me laugh sometimes and she is a attractive girl with great body so im not saying anything about her line of work but the drugs she used to take when she was pregnant and she was allways pissed whilst pregnant that isnt acceptable imo ok yea shes made loads of money out of it so fair play but id be ashamed if i behaved like her thats all im saying

[Edited by mandy007 on 30 October 2004 at 7:13pm]

Yaris Hybrid

You dont know anything about her drugs and alcohol consumption other than what you have read in newspapers and that has to be the most dubious source going.

Also I wouldnt put it past her to act drunk or spread rumours about her drinking because publicity is her bread and butter and thats what earns her living.

What about Christina Aguilera? Another celeb chav. Why would anyone get upset if they were associated with her?

Envy and jealousy are two things that a person should be ashamed off...

rsturbo and a xr3i

so im jealous of jordon i dont think so im not jealous of any model or good looking girl im just saying i dont want to be assosiated as been chavscum all because my car is modded its childish

Yaris Hybrid

You are a chav. You are not chav scum. Same applies to the other chavs here. I wouldnt call any of them scum.

CHAV= Scruffy Thieving Scum. You aint no chav cause you look after your car or spend a lot of money on it . I saw a Ferrari 360 Modena with aftermarket alloys on the other day is he a chav? I spend ta lot on real designer clothes am i a chav no ! If i bought a fake Stone Island off my mate Yes ! I work long hours to pay for nice things like so many of you do (no chav). If i dont work and live on benifits for my 3 kids and cash in milk vouchers then (Chav)..

Yaris Hybrid

Most chavs look after their car and spend a lot of money on it. As a percentage of their income they spend more on their cars than the F360 owner does on his.

A Chav is not scruffy thieving scum, 99% of them havent nicked anything in their entire lives.

As for "right so if i go and buy a standard car i wont be a chav" - yeah of course. If a cyclist sells his bike he wont be a cyclist anymore. If a goth cuts their hair, lets it go back to its natural colour, starts listening to pop music and wearing plain clothes they wont be a goth anymore.

rsturbo and a xr3i

right i see the point your trying to make toypop and im not offended at the way your making out what a chav is but 99% of the population will see a chav as theiving scum . like a thread will come up on here like my cars been nicked or broken into and the replys will usually be thieving chav or chav scum etc so surly you can understand why the rest of the car modders and myself dont want ppl thinking that of us

Toypop obviously got stuffed up the bum by a guy in a burburry cap that drove a nova and developed a chip on his shoulder! for christ sake grow up!

if this this thread WERE refering to black people as YOU mentioned earlier would there really be this level of enthusiasm to slate people, i think the whole subject should be dropped its pointless!

Yaris Hybrid

Er I havent slated anyone.

You lot are the ones that keep calling Chavs "thieves", "scum" and "scruffy" etc as mandy007 has just admitted.

I have just spent the last few hours defending chavs (ie you) against those insults so I definitely havent got a chip on my shoulder! Im your saviour.

You lot cant take the fact that you belong to a cultural group that you yourselves have repeatedly thrown loads of unjustified , offensive and abusive insults at.

LY 200

LOL @ 328!!

I think this guys just tryin to piss people off so theyl bite back!!

Everyone knows chavs are labbeled as scallies in one way or another and I certainly know im not and the other peeps who keep replying to this thread probably arnt either!!

Grow up mate stop trying to define the definition "chav" in your own "special way" as that is what it looks like to me!!

rsturbo and a xr3i

righty id never heard of a chav until i started using the car forums in the last say 10 months :oops: now ive been on the chavscum website today and its says on there what chavs are ?? whether it be right or wrong i dont know but it points towards someone who is a thief who dresses a certain way etc it does also mention the nova scene about putting alloys on cars and neons etc it also says that the chav probebly nicked the alloys i really am offended that thats what im thought of by people like yourself toypop and i truly honestly dont dress like a chav if i did id look really stupid at my age