ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Argggghhh - help!

Hi,

Anyone out there changed valver seats for r19 leathers? I have the guide from the net, but am stuck at the first bit (typical girl!). Have taken valver passenger seat out (see not that stupid to start with drivers seat!), and now need to put nice new leather seat in its place, but the holes on the runner thing do not match up with the seat...have I missed a bit (or a lot)??? Any thoughts appreciated as I need to get these seats in....argghhhhhh!!!:mad:

Cheers Mup

PS. 1st post, so please be nice to me:D

ex Clio 172 owner :(

You need the sub frame for those seats from the 19 too matey (as far as I know)

By sub frame - I mean the runners the seat sits on.

And..... welcome!

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 04 September 2004 at 2:52pm]

Wait for someone else to reply - not certain Im right but Im guessing thats the problem.

Btw - just noticed youre a girl...

Well hello....

Okay, cheers Chris. I will see if anyone else has any bright ideas...if not, I guess its a trip to the scrappy (for the sub frames..not the car!.......yet:devilish:).

The place I got the seats didnt include the frames.

Mup

Just been in touch with my local scrappy who has some r19 runners el cheapo...does anyone know if I need the top and bottom part of the runner, or just the top??? (sorry..not being v. technical here!) and also any runner bits for the back???

Want to make sure I get it right when Im there.

Cheers Mup

Really not sure... Id say the bottom part is the bit which fits to the floor of your car, the top is possibly what fits to the bottom of the seat ie on top of the bottom part.... if you get me.

Get both darl...

(Surprised no one else is helping?! Maybe its coz its Saturday...)

Yep, looking at my orig seats, they fix by four screw/bolts to the top runner bit. So I assume a new r19 top bit, will fit onto my clio bottom bit (there again , perhaps Ive done enough assuming for one day!)

I think Ill play it safe and take whatever bits unscrew at the scrappy!

Thanks for your help mate (....its awfully quiet out there....)

Mup

Not having much luck here...r19 runners dont fit into existing clio floor holes.....please can ANYONE help out there.....?????????

Im thinking of just drilling new holes into the clio runners - is this a bad idea?????????????

:confused:

Okay, cheers matey....Ill just have to wait for everyone to return....perhaps Ill use the leathers as spare lounge seats or summat....:(.....please dont forget about me waiting here...:sleep: