ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Artic Freezer Pro 7 Results

172beast

Pentium D 805 2.66 clocked to a stable 3ghz

Before using standard heatsink
Idle = 41/42
Games etc = 50-53

After using Freezer Pro
Idle = 32/33
Games etc = 40

So seems to have lowered it 10 degrees average, not bad, now I just need a decent PSU and some good RAM and should be able to get stable closer to 4ghz, had it clocked at over 3 but just isn't stable.

Fabia vRS
i run my 805d on a zalman cnp9500 at 3.8ghz if i don't mind it being noisy, or 3.4ghz with a bit less fan noise.

172beast

Nope, no different to normal one, the fan looked roughly the same size as the standard one, think its just the whole setup and various pipes that make it perform better, the fan on it is located so that it blows hot air straight onto the extration fan on the back of my pc so straight out the case. Definitly works very very well, CPU was at 27 on idle this morning

Fabia vRS
right, i just went and bought some thermal paste cos i was running mine on the standard crap. with my 805d and zalman 9500 cooler i am running 3.8ghz at 54 degrees @ idle with the side of my case off, just about to try and go up to 3.9ghz.

Fabia vRS
arse, 3.9ghz is a no go.

3.8ghz is nice and stable though. will keep it like this till i can get some new memory and a decent psu. i think my psu is the limiting factor at the moment, along with my 533mhz memory.

172beast

54 at idle, int that hot lol I can't get mine stable clocking it owt, after a few hours it crashes, I've got PC2700 ram tho and a really old PSU that came with my packard bell about 4 year back, got a new 500w PSU on the way tho so that should help, then might look at some DDR2 ram, reckon that should be enough to clock it stable?

Fabia vRS
54 at idle, int that hot lol I can't get mine stable clocking it owt, after a few hours it crashes, I've got PC2700 ram tho and a really old PSU that came with my packard bell about 4 year back, got a new 500w PSU on the way tho so that should help, then might look at some DDR2 ram, reckon that should be enough to clock it stable?

54 ain't really that hot, it won't start thermal throttling till around 80 degrees.

i run ddr2 533mhz memory at the moment, and a new psu, although it's a cheap one so that could be causing my computer to turn off when things get too much. at 3.8ghz it's stable all day long, doesn't even crash when playing games.

bear in mind that 54 degrees at idle is with my fans at a normal speed, i can whack my fan speed right up and lower the temp if i want, although it tends not to lower the temp at idle, it just keeps the temps down at hard load.