ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST Suspension for CLIO 3 RS - SPORTLINE 2

Black Clio GT
i think they are alot of cash.....
road, track and slicks are the different spring rates recomended for which ever you do most of, if you do a lot of track driving then i would pick track set up, if its a dedicated track car then slick set up would be best and if you just drive it on the road then just a fast road set up will be fine.
kw v2 and v3 are a few hundred pounds cheaper and seem to get good reviews.

if you do alot of track work it may be worth looking at the adjustable top mounts too as they will also give maximum adjustment to set up camber caster and toe.....

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've had experience of AST uk. Avoid would be my summary. The KW V3's are where my money would go, 100%. They don't make the V2 for the 200.

CLIO 3 RS PH2 TROPHY
i think they are alot of cash.....
road, track and slicks are the different spring rates recomended for which ever you do most of, if you do a lot of track driving then i would pick track set up, if its a dedicated track car then slick set up would be best and if you just drive it on the road then just a fast road set up will be fine.
kw v2 and v3 are a few hundred pounds cheaper and seem to get good reviews.

if you do alot of track work it may be worth looking at the adjustable top mounts too as they will also give maximum adjustment to set up camber caster and toe.....

Oh thanks you ! ;-)
My utilisation is 60% Road and 40% Track...

I fear that the road is too soft for the track ... And I fear that track was too too hard for roads ...
If I take the tracks and that I rule in more flexible? What do you think ?
Oliv '

CLIO 3 RS PH2 TROPHY
I've had experience of AST uk. Avoid would be my summary. The KW V3's are where my money would go, 100%. They don't make the V2 for the 200.

Serious ? I thought that AST was really a must ?

The V3 can be set relatively hard?

Oliv

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
V3 is fully adjustable. Not hard at all fella. The AST's I had were rock hard.

CLIO 3 RS PH2 TROPHY
Not hard at all fella

I don't understand what would you say... Sorry... My English is not good...

Black Clio GT
he means the shock set up can be made soft or hard but they only have a single spring rate available with the kw v3 which is a better compromise for your needs (stiff enough for track but comfortable for road use)...

the ast are adjustable in the same way as the kw v3 but the springrates make a very hard ride even when the shock is set soft for the road as you can pick different spring rates so is more of a compromise in terms of ride quality if you pick the track set up and use it on the road.

RB 182
Yup AST's are rock hard but you can spec a softer spring if need be. I've got the hard setup on mine and I don't mind it tbh. Just see if someone will give you a spin with their setup and chose what you feel is best from there.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I currently run KW's on my car and find the springs a bit soft and think ideally they need to be replaced for any track use.. That said, you will still be able to have fun with both these and the road AST setup on track.. both the AST and the KW V3 have fully adjustable damping.

The main advantage of the AST is the fact that they are mono-tube which will give you better high speed bump / rebound damping as well as being good on low speed damping (KW are twin tube).

The main issue with AST stuff is that it takes a while to arrive, but if you are prepared for a bit of a wait I doubt you'll be dissapointed with the quality of the kit..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I ran H&R Coilovers on my 197 and they were perfect fop fast road use, maybe a wee bit soft on track, but for everyday use they were spot on