ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

At last I'm a Clio owner!!

Well I've taken my time and had a few hiccups along the way but I've got a 182 at last!

Was all set to get a car from Steve at R-Sports then had some issues which delayed the purchase and I had to drop out, only for the issues to get resolved 4 days later but his car had been snapped up already! Quick thanks to Steve - who was great through the whole process - my only regret being having to mess him about at the last minute.

Anyway - on to the car I got - big thank you to Trevor at DTM - happy to take my numerous calls checking out details, but have plumped for a Silver 182, 04, with 46k on the clock - all belts etc done plus a few other things! It was delivered today, although delayed by 6 hours by the fatal accident on the M5.

Just been out in it in the rain and impressed. Feels like a new car really and I've already sampled the 5k kick :D

Not many plans for it other than keeping it well looked after and maybe some ICE upgrades and a Pure Motorsport exhaust one day!

Anyway - first damp and a little dirty pic:-

Attachments

• CAM00030.jpg
    CAM00030.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 135

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
congrats and enjoy

please don't chop holes in things to fit garish speakers, keep it subtle ;)

congrats and enjoy

please don't chop holes in things to fit garish speakers, keep it subtle ;)

Thanks - oh and don't worry - at 40 I'm way past chopping holes!! Hoping just to replace the built in speakers in the same locations and also add a small amp. Not even going to change the head unit yet so it keeps the factory look lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
good stuff :)

an no one is ever let out with the age card, doesn't stop some truly god awful mods, middle aged bloke round my way with a R33 Skyline GTS-T is testament to that

First addition made. ......only a set of Renaultsport Mats though. Oh and the CS tax disc holder and sticker will go in tomorrow.

Researching exhausts now. Just a cat back to keep it wife friendly but need an aftermarket one to fill the cut outs better.

Was thinking a RS192 until motorway drone was mentioned. Now thinking a silenced Janspeed but also taking a trip to Pure Motorsport this week to check their system out.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I've run janspeed and rs192, ime neither droned.

Basically sounded standard on both really,although after the yozza anything was a relief!lol!