ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

att of hillclimbers or sprinters!

172,scenic, trafic
am looking to find the best suspension set up for my cup for mainly hillclimbing. anyone currently into it have an opinion? cheers

M135i and the shed
Well I vaguely recall a thread which Matt@TdF started on Meganesport.net ages ago about a similar subject when he was planning a 225 Hill Climb car. I'm fairly sure the main theory was that, due to the lower cornering speeds attained on the average Hill Climb and Sprint, he was planning on having slightly longer travel, softer sprung units to enable him to get sufficient weight transfer on to the outside tyres to exploit the full grip of the tyres. Might be worth a call to him?

I,ll be running the Bilstein B14's with whiteline rear ARB, full Powerflex bushes and standard top mounts, if your running in class SB or 1B then don't fit any kind of solid top mount as the class for rd cars does'nt alow them, but this does depend on your local championship regs etc.

Regards Russ..............

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I,ll be running the Bilstein B14's with whiteline rear ARB, full Powerflex bushes and standard top mounts, if your running in class SB or 1B then don't fit any kind of solid top mount as the class for rd cars does'nt alow them, but this does depend on your local championship regs etc.

Regards Russ..............

Or how you "read" the regs.

Very interesting about longer travel suspension, I have always thought that high rate springs esp ones for the track are not the best as we run slower and and use road treaded tyres (another rule depending where you are :rolleyes: ) so need a bit of movement to heat them up.

172,scenic, trafic
hi, sorry late replying. basically i have to run a standard 172 due to being a hillclimb newbie. many years ago i did goodwood in a 1.9 gti but was a long time ago!
so for now am running standard engine etc, will be stripped and caged but that s it

Clio 172, BMW Mini
Expect to see you at Werrington hill climb next year then rampantreaper, pity one of the local venues ( Mamhead ) has been lost at least for the immediate future, do you plan on sprinting, having a venue at St Eval just down the road from you could be handy.

Cheers Chris

172,scenic, trafic
Expect to see you at Werrington hill climb next year then rampantreaper, pity one of the local venues ( Mamhead ) has been lost at least for the immediate future, do you plan on sprinting, having a venue at St Eval just down the road from you could be handy.

Cheers Chris
i will do as many hillclimbs as i can and intend to fill in with sprinting, i dont really have the time to do a full season. yes st eval is half a mile fro m me, there is a hill climb in bodmin and st austell altho numbers are falling as far as competitors go this year. was shocked to see how few there were recently. i havent heard of werrington so will look that up!