ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attn: Christopher

The new MBA is such a stunning bit of kit, the 11" would be perfect for me. In fact I wish I hadn't bought my iPad now!

Only thing for me its missing is the backlit keyboard.. :(

LY 182
The backlit keyboard is delightful I must say. Went cinema last night and got in just before 12, MBP was on sleep so just opened it up and ready 2 use. No need to mess around with having a light on. Laaaaarveee it!

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Some of the guys points are a bit off.

'This thing boots up in less than 15 seconds, ready to go. My i7 iMac with 8 GB of RAM takes something like 2 minutes. My i7 MacBook Pro takes at least 30-45 seconds, and it has an SSD drive.'

My MBP takes around 15 seconds to boot, which wouild lead me to beleive his is running extemely slow, not really a fair comparison.

'Applications seem to load quicker. Files transfer quicker. The thing shuts down in about 3 seconds.'

Again, sounds no different to my MBP.

'Speaking of battery life, again, this thing shines pretty nicely in that category as well. Apple says it will get 7-hours, and based on my usage, that’s close. I’m usually seeing between 5 and 6 hours depending on what I’m doing and screen brightness. A couple times I have gotten about 7 hours.'

Same applies...

If his MBP had been running at 100% health I imagine he wouldn't have noticed any difference apart from the obvious thinner design and lack of backlit keyboard.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I used a 13" AIR last week, its faster than My MBP. Might not be as powerful, but it opens programs faster. I didnt really test it for much else.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Don't tempt me. lol. The guy in the Apple Store was telling me the same at the weekend. I'm very tempted with the 13", 128GB jobbie.

I think I might have sold my 15" MBP tonight, so I'll have to have a good think!

The backlit omission is a sh*tter, but it's not a deal breaker.

I have just bought a 13" MBP for business (I already have the 17"). TBH the clincher for me was that my business machine has to have an optical drive and ethernet. Otherwise I may have chosen the new MBA.

MBP looks far better with the black sides by the screen.

Air is still a gimmick. Don't fall for it, Chris..

And there is absolutely no way on this earth my iMac takes 2mins to boot! LOL

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
MBP looks far better with the black sides by the screen.

Air is still a gimmick. Don't fall for it, Chris..

And there is absolutely no way on this earth my iMac takes 2mins to boot! LOL

Nah, I think I'm staying Pro.

My 27 takes about 30 secs. No question.

In fact, I'll film it

Having spent a few hours now with the MBP/13, I can only say that is a thing of beauty. Really really lovely. More impressive as a machine than my 17".

My only slight gripe is that I'm used to much higher-res screens, so it can seem a bit fluffy at times. I knew this though before I bought it, so it's not a disappointment.