ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audio Quality

Clio 182
Sorry to revisit this guys know I have bored you all with this before but want to start a fresh;

I am currently running an Alpine CDE-9880R with the upgraded renault/pioneer yellow components and Infinity Kappa 52.9i runing in the rear door wells all off the headunit

My question is what is the best way o increase sound quality without a sub?

Basically I see my options as ;
1. Run the rear speakers off an amp
2. maybe get rid of the door speakers in the back and add 6x9's running of the HU/or

Thanks

Ph1 172
Amp the fronts and get the doors sound proofed to keep all the frequencies in.
6x9s will only reduce the sound quality so stay clear of them.

Clio 182
But they are direct replacement not companenets with acrossover so guessing it will be alot easier to amp rear! Infinity's are also alot more poweful!

why ask matey if your gonna ignore good advice?waste of time amping the rears,do the front and soundproof the doors (do first)

Clio 182
Not ignoring the advice just trying to figure out what to do and accessing all my options.

The Pioneers are direct replacments so there is no "Crossover Component box" between the tweeter and the speaker? Sorry to be a pain but do i just amp the speaker, or how do I amp both the tweeter and speaker?

Sorry for sounding so stupid.... :S

vaux cavalier
You simply connect each side in 'parallel'.....

amping.jpg

Mk2 172
Sorry to revisit this guys know I have bored you all with this before but want to start a fresh;

I am currently running an Alpine CDE-9880R with the upgraded renault/pioneer yellow components and Infinity Kappa 52.9i runing in the rear door wells all off the headunit

My question is what is the best way o increase sound quality without a sub?

Basically I see my options as ;
1. Run the rear speakers off an amp
2. maybe get rid of the door speakers in the back and add 6x9's running of the HU/or

Thanks

Forget rears. Concentrate on the fronts cos thats what u listen to and thats the way your ears point. Rears are very very poor application too.
Dynamat the hell out of the front doors and they will sound good. If you dont do sound deadening then your wasting your time. Installation is the most vital part! :)

145db Euro'd clio
i've amped my rear's, and run standard tweeters with JBL Coaxials front and back with JBL GTO 6x9's. and it sounds beyond amazing. I have spent probably around 4-5 hours getting it sounding how i like it, and if i turn my sub off. it sounds mint. amping rears is easier too. and it my opinion give a much better all around sound as i have trialed both amping fronts rears and 6x9's induvidually(sp) and i have found 6x9's and fronts off headunit and rear doors running 250watts through each. sounds mint if you get all your levels right!

vaux cavalier
Thanks Guys! really good advice and appreciate all your help!

I would agree all points made are valid....But, each individual will have different tastes and as such each individual should tailor there system to suit themselves, not some ideal scenario that most seem to hanker after....

As previously stated, installation is the key....

Clio 182
Cool well im going to install some MDF mounts to all 4 speakers this weekend and then try to find and amp! Obviously i will not need anything too powerful if im just running to speakers and it will only need two channels!

Mk2 172
Cool well im going to install some MDF mounts to all 4 speakers this weekend and then try to find and amp! Obviously i will not need anything too powerful if im just running to speakers and it will only need two channels!

more power will give u more control and no u wont damage them up with more power. your more likely to damage them with less power!