ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audio Upgrades and General Audio talk - MK3 + Tweeter addition/removal

Clio 1.2 I-Music
Hi All,

I have recently upgraded my car audio, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary or exciting besides the use of a Dremel behind the speakers as magnets were a little too large, but was just curious what others had done in their MK3 Clio's ! I have a Clio MK3 3dr I-music and it didn't have tweeters as standard :( so i tried to remove the covers in the dashboard but they are very hard to remove and I cant actually find an edge on them almost as if these are a solid part of the dash any ideas guys?

I'm very happy with my current set up and others that have heard it cannot believe the quality and volume it produces hasn't cost a lot either ! only thing I would like to attempt is putting tweeters in the dash to add a bit extra highs or at either end of the rear parcel shelf? others that have listened have said I do not need to add any more just leave it as I may ruin the current sound stage what do you all think?

As it stands I have fitted

Pioneer Deh-6400BT
2x Focal 130CVX - 13cm Speakers(Front Doors)
2x Focal 130CVX - 13cm Speakers(Rear Doors)
Vibe Active Black Air 12" enclosure 550w RMS (apparently) regardless if the ratings are nonsense it sounds incredible! You can seal the box with the port plugs and remove one or two to suit your preference I'm in two minds, to have it sealed for tighter Bass or with one out it delivers more punch at deeper Bass I keep alternating lol!

So that's my story ! what about you guys :)

Clio 1.2 I-Music
Not sure tbh, on a mk2 its a 5-10 min job but I've never done it on a mark 3. Yeah they are, payed £100 delivered for mine!

Defoo !! My mate got the 10" black air active too for £100 you really cannot complain, my mate has one and it sounds twice as good as subs that are twice the price !

Used to have a nice boot build in an old Clio, false floor with sub mounted in the spare wheel well and uprated door speakers.

Just an Alpine HU with ipod in my current car.

Clio 1.2 I-Music
ooo nice :) not found much on MK3 Audio upgrades so far, so was just curious what others had got up too lol, I'm new to the forum by the way guys so hey !!