ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audio with iMac

DB.

BMW 440i
Anyone use any external/additional audio products like speakers, cables, blah blah for their iMac, any need?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Picking up some Bose Companion 3's from a guy at work for £50 this week. Like new.

I like Bose stuff, despite the views of a lot of people, imo its sounds superb.

Standard imac is disappointing for me, but ive always had proper speakers on my desktops.

DB.

BMW 440i
I have the standard £100 Bose speakers, so may compare those to standard, they look smart with the Macbook anyway!

I don't like the interference with the phone though!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They actually really beefed up the internal speakers for the 27", if that's what you have.

It just struggles with low-end stuff. I wanted a B&W setup, but at £400+ it's a little pricey.

I went for the Swan M10 setup after some heroic reviews I read on MR. You'll need a step converter to run them as they're not distributed over here but they're epic. The woofer's so punchy it'll actually move my MacBook on the desk above. :eek:

IMO, the Bose system (the sub-£500 ones, anyway) sound VERY tinny. I actually prefer the internals to them. lol.

If you're interested, I'll email you the site I ordered from. They were £180 shipped to my door, all taxes etc.