ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audiobahn Sub

Through a friend of a friend Ive managed to blag myself an "http://www.bassjunkies.com/index.php?cpage=product/browse_detail.php&area=shop&category_id=87&sub_category_id=25&manufacturer_id=199&product_id=29651&show_my_car=&return_link=%2Findex.php%3Fmode%3D%26cpage%3Dproduct%2Fbrowse_brand.php%26area%3Dshop%26pg%3D2%26orderby_field%3D%26orderby_sort%3D%26category_id%3D87%26sub_category_id%3D25%26manufacturer_id%3D199%26limit%3D10%26min_val%3D%26max_val%3D%26show_my_car%3D%26aperture_id%3DAudiobahn ABP220" sub at a bargain price!

Now being an ICE no-hoper (Ive only upgraded the standard 182 speakers to 2-way JBLs), I need some help on how I make the most of this sub??

Ultimatley I was thinking about a new headunit (Alpine 9835 i think), 6x9s on the rear shelf and some kind of amp to power to sub - although it all seems rather expensive!!

Is there a cheaper way I can do this? What about crossovers/caps etc etc? and can I still use the 4 standard speakers alongisde the 6x9s?

Any help/advice appreciated!

Matt

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

If your using a standard head unit then you need one with pre outs, personally I like Alpine so its a good bet.

DONT get 6x9s if youve got a sub as it will distort them, better bet is to upgrade the other speakers and leave the parcel shelf alone.

For the amp the RMS figure needs to be as close to posible to the rms of the sub to run properly.

Skoda Fabia vRS

as above, DONT buy 6x9s if your running a sub, simply upgrade the factory location speakers in the back if you want to

ideal setup is, good front speakers, ideally components, amped.........sub in the boot runnin obviously off an amp..........an either no rear speakers or run em off the HU or off the amp with it setup faded to the front on the HU

it might sound like it would sound rubbish, but it doesnt, it sounds really really good

SOunds like an easy set up

will 1 10" sub in the back b better than 2x 10" subs?

also if i went for 2x10" subs would it b better 4 them to b boxed seprate or together?