ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

August Photography Competition - Sport

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
A great number of good quality entries last month, thanks to all those who entered.

DeeKay86 won with the following picture:

DeeKay.jpg

Congratulations to DeeKay86, his chosen theme for August is:

Sport

Quite fitting with the olympics being on!

We will continue to vote at the end of a month, so competitions can start on the 1st of every month

So - Entries close on the 23rd August

The Rules:

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You MUST flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on. Only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted.

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within this month.

- If you want to change your entry, you MUST PM me (jenic) before the closing date.

- If you haven't followed the above rules don't come moaning when your picture isn't in the voting thread.

The Winner will choose the next subject for June and win a special ClioSport.net goody bag!

Good luck !!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've got some ideas for it but its having the time (and weather/people) to do it.

Hopefully I'll have something though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well I think if you enter either of them, you should split the prize if you win as you didn't stitch them together.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Well I think if you enter either of them, you should split the prize if you win as you didn't stitch them together.

LOL. Is this what your life has come to?

I TOOK the pictures which is what this thread is about.......

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
LOL. Is this what your life has come to?

I TOOK the pictures which is what this thread is about.......

LOL! No. I'm just extremely bored in work! But by your reason, I could give any of my pictures to Dan/Brazo/Scott etc to PP to make them look 100% better... doesn't make it right though :p

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
LOL! No. I'm just extremely bored in work! But by your reason, I could give any of my pictures to Dan/Brazo/Scott etc to PP to make them look 100% better... doesn't make it right though :p

I understand your theory however they have only been stitched together. Not enhanced as such. Agree?

What's the problem with stitching together? The competition says Photoshop/whatever is allowed, so even if he photoshopped a giant penis running around the track then it could still be valid.

More to the point, where is your entry A_Cro?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
What's the problem with stitching together? The competition says Photoshop/whatever is allowed, so even if he photoshopped a giant penis running around the track then it could still be valid.

More to the point, where is your entry A_Cro?

My point wasn't the fact that it was stitched. It was the fact that he asked someone else to stitch it (read the banter above) :p

My entry will come as I said. Its pretty hard getting a sports image though when I'm stuck on a boat for 12 hours a day. Not much sports going on out here...

I don't think it should count TBH.

This is a competition for things you can do yourself. Without someone helping you, the pictures are just average. They've been made good by someone else.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think it should count TBH.

This is a competition for things you can do yourself. Without someone helping you, the pictures are just average. They've been made good by someone else.

Jesus, its not like he is the only person to use PS. I could have done it with a guide myself and taken all the credit. There are some sad people in this thread.

If the thread was inundated with entries then I think people could be picky but I was the 3rd person to put pictures up in over two weeks. PLUS I've not even entered yet......

Great shot Matt! The rider does look a little lost in the pic for me, but I guess that's due to the wideangle nature of the shot. I really want to get into BMX/MTB photography.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Great shot Matt! The rider does look a little lost in the pic for me, but I guess that's due to the wideangle nature of the shot. I really want to get into BMX/MTB photography.

Cheers Dan, I agree I might have another play with it but I struggled all day to pick the riders out from the tress because of the lighting! When the sun was out it was creating shadows and highlights because of the trees and then when it went in, it went all dark!

I only decided to get my camera out as I didn't qualify for the final by one place :( Glad I did though I got some interesting shots and was good fun shooting off camera flash again. I enjoy shooting MTB/BMX but find it hard as I would rather be riding instead of faffing with my camera lol!

I agree, the steeplechase is the best of the bunch. The subjects don't stand out enough in the second and third.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I agree, the steeplechase is the best of the bunch. The subjects don't stand out enough in the second and third.
Yeah, agreed, I tried to make them pop, but I don't really do any post processing on my photos, I don't have photoshop.

I really like the colours and cleanliness of the first pic, it's very pure, just wish I'd been able to get the london 2012 in full view.

dk

911 GTS Cab
can't believe how few people have bothered with this this month, its been the biggest month of sport for years.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
can't believe how few people have bothered with this this month, its been the biggest month of sport for years.

True, but 99 times out of 100, people doing sport don't take a camera.

And not many people went to the olympics. (relatively speaking)

dk

911 GTS Cab
few people on here went though, there were pics of the road race etc.

Plus, whenever i watch sport live, whatever it is i have my camera. People normally make the effort to get something to do with the subject, just surprised theres been 4 entries, thats got to be a low number.

Well anyone who went to the olympics wouldn't have been able to take 'proper' photos, just snap shots really. Were you even allowed into events with a telephoto lens?

And apart from that, I guess a lot of people just dont do that much sport photography, me included. So I'm not really surprised.

dk

911 GTS Cab
As long as the lens fully extended was less than 30cm you could take it in, not sure if that was with the camera too or not though!
they didn't even check, ever.

i took my 7d with 70-200mm, which with the lens hood s just over 30cm.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well anyone who went to the olympics wouldn't have been able to take 'proper' photos, just snap shots really. Were you even allowed into events with a telephoto lens?

And apart from that, I guess a lot of people just dont do that much sport photography, me included. So I'm not really surprised.
so you're saying my photos are snaps, thanks.

dk

911 GTS Cab
the amount of people using compact cameras with flashes in those massive stadiums was laughable, well until it put tom daley off, then s**t just got serious, but people hadn't got a clue how to even turn them off lol.

It does make me laugh to see so many flashes going off in the stadiums.
But I suppose they just leave it on auto and let the camera do the rest.