ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

August Photography Competition

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Julys winning picture by Maxdicapua:

11.jpg

For this month we have the following theme:

Red

Entries close last day of August.

Rules:

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You must flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on. Only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted.

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within the dates of the competition specified above.

- If you haven't followed the above rules don't come moaning when your picture isn't in the voting thread.

The Winner will choose the next subject for August and win some harribo!

Good luck !!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Spotted the new topic last night after getting in from the local air show

I'll put this one in for now but there are a few ideas I want to try if I get time

6021720900_1751a98443_z.png

2.2 bar shed.
I would call it using ones initiative... One of the reasons why I get a good few keepers when im posting on facebook compared to flickr/500px. As facebook compresses the hell out of them you can get away with using an image thats slightly soft.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
My theme idea got picked, I might actually have to take a picture and enter it now, LOL.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Was thinking of the Red Arrows too but Won't see them until September :( lol

I only put that in because I watched them on Sunday. I probably wont use anything from the airshow for this. I have a few ideas but its getting the time to do them.

Should be a decent ammount of entries this month though.

350z GT
Awesome photos on there...hmm might have something

Just not a lot of red where i am...may need to take a trip lol

2.2 bar shed.
Think I'll actually try and get involved this month. Girl in a red dress with some serious strobist action comes to mind...?

Thanks mate - I went out and treated myself to a 50mm f1.4 this month. Love it!

I was hoping I'd catch myself a bit removing my dash today to fit in with the 'red' theme. Turns out removing the dash was a lot harder than I thought - I'm covered in cuts LOL!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
One of the ideas I had. Need to remember how to use photoshop properly though. Still have time to get some other ideas sorted.

6042906730_ff36400d67_z.png

I am going to get out one evening this week to try an idea that fit's quite nicely, good theme choice :D

Managed to get out with the camera for 10 minutes tonight.... Here is what I came up with, bit of a gimmicky idea but had a laugh shooting them. Both been rushed so will need a re-edit if I enter me thinks, feedback + C&C's welcomed with open arms as always:

6050469627_024b1463c4_z.jpg

WhenRedLightsShow_01 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

6051024832_f09ddfe5de_z.jpg

WhenRedLightsShow_02 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

Cheers

RIP Dan
Blood, sweat and tyres is great.

I like the first red light one, your eye is drawn into it a bit more.

I have an idea but am so busy at the mo, s**t excuse but true.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Love the Red light one! :)

I can just imagine someone pulling up behind while you're shooting that :rofl:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Took this one this morning. Not one of my original ideas but have a lot of time to pass out here. Hopefully I will have a decent crop to choose from come deadline time...

6055609632_581cabdc15_z.png