ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

auto changer

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I have my changer from my old 172 that I need to fit, but I gotta buy the cable first and its £86 just for the cable!!

Lee

BMW M2C

I took mine out of my 172 and fitted it to the 182. As cocopops says, the cable is £86 but is really easy to fit. You can relocate the storage bin from under the passenger seat to under the drivers seat so you have somewhere to store your tyre foam.

thats sort of answed the question but where did you run the lead under the carpet up to the head unit?

and i didnt know that the tyre foam was under the seat.....

Quote: Originally posted by craigs.cup on 13 August 2004

thats sort of answed the question but where did you run the lead under the carpet up to the head unit?
and i didnt know that the tyre foam was under the seat.....
Thats the way I did it up the side of the seat then through the colsole but by the gear lever under the carpet to the back of the head unit.

But there lones of spare cable if you do this the proper way is to thread in round the bottom of the door I think then accross the bottom of the dash.

The tyre foam can be stuck anywhere some dealers stick it there. Its a good place to put them but its up to you where you want them.

Lee

BMW M2C

I ran the cable pretty much the same way Renault do. I ran it out to the side, along the bottom of the door sill behind the cover, then used the clip supplied to clip it to the metal by the bonnet release, then along the bottom of the dash and up to the head unit. When Renault factory fit it they use the same route except it runs over the top of the dash not along the underside.

I used some of those sticky pads and cable ties to hold it all neatly up under the dash.

It just happened to be that my tyre foam was in the storage under the seat Id imagine.