ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse Desire Wax & Rejuvenate Wax Cleanser review

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
za3a4e7y.jpg

So up this month is Auto Finesse Desire wax, originally a LTD Wax but demand for the wax was so great Auto Finesse continued with production making Desire the brands flagship Wax.

As my Clios currently tucked up in the garage I used my company car as the test vehicle.

y6a6ytyb.jpg

It had been washed using the 2RHCW method (2 Romanian Hand Car Wash) as I was feeling lazy and then driven back home.

I applied Triple to the whole car apart from the bonnet which is where I planned to apply the wax.

To start this is the bonnet after washing the car:

4y4esuhe.jpg

I then applied Rejuvenate with a Micro-fibre pad to clean the paint and leave a nice slick finish to apply the wax to.

etanuse6.jpg

8eqysame.jpg

Worked this in to the paint before buffing off, as the cars new there was very little dirt pulled from the paint.

The Desire wax was then applied using a foam wax pad in small circles to ensure full coverage and left to cure

apady5yz.jpg

I purposely applied it quite thick in places to see how easy removal would be when over applied.

This was then buffed off leaving a very slick finish with a rich wet finish to the paint and very good 'flake pop'.

u2u8ebed.jpg

aqybanyv.jpg

qyty5uqa.jpg

My thoughts:

Rejuvenate: Super simple to use and I've no doubt had I used it on the clio it would have pulled a lot of dirt from the paint. It leaves an oily finish once buffed off which when I compared it to a section of 'un-cleansed' paint when applying wax allowed for a smoother and finer layer of wax to be laid down.

Desire: First up is the smell... It's incredible, I can't quite place it, it's a bit like old sweet shop smell like the Auto Finesse air fresheners. It's very oily in application allowing a very thin layer to be put down, whilst even with the areas I over applied on being easy to remove, less is certainly more with application. The finish is very wet looking with a good clarity of reflection, it certainly makes the paint look 'deeper'. I couldn't get it show in photos but the difference between the waxed bonnet and tripled wing was quite significant.

Would I buy some... Quite possibly, i currently use Auto Finesse Spirt wax on the clio, once this has been finished Desire could well take its space on the shelf, the deciding factors will be durability, as I get a good 'life span' from Spirt so will be interesting to see how Desire does.

Thanks for the review J and glad you liked both products.

Desire is a good step up from Spirit, although Spirit is a nice wax ;)

Thanks, Joe.