ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Glym HD Wax

Arctic Blue 182FF
So I have just about run out of AG HD Wax, looking to get a replacement, but want a bit of a change up.

Can anyone suggest a similar priced wax which matches/is better than the HD wax in terms of durability/gloss?

And before you ask yes I have used the search function!

Thanks.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Hd is very durable so will be hard to beat there, gloss there are lots in a similar price range that will add a little more.

typically gloss and long durability dont often go hand in hand

Clio 172 phase 1
I'd reccomend dodo juice supernatural for an upgrade 55-65 a pot depending on where from 3 coats and its brilliant I use it a lot on customers cars and its brilliant or go for swissvax if you really want to spend some money I have glacier and best of show there fantastic waxes but at 110 and. 200 a pot it may be a bit Ott .... Supernatural is great though

I found dodo sn not to last long tho looks great , I just got some auto finesse illusion tho it is not a great wax for lasting its looks and beeds very very well ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371252905.482233.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I found DDJ BV Pro good for looks but its not durable. Im going to go for AF Passion and give that a go. It was a toss between that & Zymol Carbon!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
£30 mark I'd consider vics concours, bouncers 22 or bouncers Satsuma rock. Up from there carbon or passion I like.

​at that price mark there are hundreds to try

I'd reccomend dodo juice supernatural for an upgrade 55-65 a pot depending on where from 3 coats and its brilliant I use it a lot on customers cars and its brilliant or go for swissvax if you really want to spend some money I have glacier and best of show there fantastic waxes but at 110 and. 200 a pot it may be a bit Ott .... Supernatural is great though

SN is pretty average in the grand scheme of things. And for £50-65, it's way overpriced. Nattys Blue Paste at £15 looks better an lasts longer with correct prep and app.

If the budget is £50 go for Carbon. If lower, Bouncers.

Clio 172 phase 1
I haven't tried the poor boys paste yet but it's deffo on the list... I found to get dodojuce to be durable it has to have 3 coats and it lasts about 4 months when washed without any wax stripping chemicals but I can see at 50-60 quid that there is a massive range to choose from I'm only recommending from past experience, how did you find thes zymol wax? I'm a massive fan of their shampoo, I've always used swissvax as a high performer but I'm looking to replace the dodojuce as its now empty mabye the zymol could be a shout? What's the gloss and durability like on carbon and bouncers?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I think for the money and the size of the pot it would be dodo juice rainforest rub. For the money I think it's great.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Hd wax is a hybrid and is solvent based so may, not definitely, may interfere with other waxes if it's layered over the top of another