ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto headlights stopped working!!

White Evo V
My auto headlights have stopped working on my 172. Any ideas? The headlights still come on when you turn then on but when you put them on auto in the dark they stay off!!

Have you tried switching them on as if anybody has been playing about with the lights it's easy to switch them off.
I'm sure if the light sensor is knackered the service light comes on

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
the feature has probably turned itself off. Do the following :

* with the engine OFF *

turn the key to the ignition position (2nd position) DO NOT START THE ENGINE

turn the sidelights on, then off quickly, turn them on again, then off quickly again

you SHOULD hear a beep, you have just re-enabled the feature

the process is the same to disable the feature

Rsport182Cup'd
how mant more times we going to see this posted, please search first this forum is slow enough without floding with the same questions all the time, no personal offence to you but it is getting asbnnoying on here now that we have got to try and log in and read pages six and seven times before can see things

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
^^ yep, if you cover it with the palm of your hand the lights will come on, if you wet it with the wiper stalk in the first down position, the wipers will come on.

White Evo V
how mant more times we going to see this posted, please search first this forum is slow enough without floding with the same questions all the time, no personal offence to you but it is getting asbnnoying on here now that we have got to try and log in and read pages six and seven times before can see things

THANKS, YOU MUST BE SUCH AN ANGEL! :mad: