ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Lights

clio 172
Hi guys,

just bought my clio 172 on 02 plate yesterday,

enjoying it even more so after 5000 rpm!!:approve: ......was just wondering if the car had a specific number? Any ideas how many were made?

and the main question is how would i know if i had auto lights on it?

Cheers

clio 172
justinRT said:
IIRC it was just the cups without auto headlights, but i might be wrong..

Yeh maybe so, cant seem to see anything on the sticks to allow you to set them in auto, got the auto rain sensors working so happy there:approve:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
if its a 172 and not a 172 cup then it will have auto lights, drive into a tunnel or turn the engine on in the garage, if it doesn't work, turn the engine off, turn the key to the ignition position (don't turn the engine on), then turn the sidelights on and off quickly twice, you will here a beep (this has just turned the auto lights on). The cars are not numbered.

M

mij29

my car is on an 02 plate, it's got auto head lights mate so yours should.
mine was all ready set up when i got it but it tells you in the hanbook how to turn them on if they aren't on.

clio 172
Gareth said:
if its a 172 and not a 172 cup then it will have auto lights, drive into a tunnel or turn the engine on in the garage, if it doesn't work, turn the engine off, turn the key to the ignition position (don't turn the engine on), then turn the sidelights on and off quickly twice, you will here a beep (this has just turned the auto lights on). The cars are not numbered.

Its not the cup, so should have the auto lights, cool............its got the xenons.

sorry to be a pain but do i have to do this everytime i get in the car? or do it once and thats it forever?

clio 172
Gareth said:
you just do it the once to set the feature on or off.

Cheers guys ill have a go and fingers crossed the feature does work
attention02.gif

al

ST on the way...
vomboy 172 said:
Is that sensor not for the auto windscreen wipers?

or does it do both?
Both. If you put your hand over it while then engine is on, the lights come on ;)