ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Wiper issue

Fiat Panda 100HP
I would like some help please on my intermittent wipers issue. My recently bought 182 had a few minor issues which I have managed to sort, however this one baffles me.

All 182’s as I understand have automatic wipers and lights. My one it seems does not work.

I have the window sensor (see photo) however I have the wiper delay on the switch. I would think with auto wipers I would not have this?

I suspect that at some time the auto wipers failed and someone has changed the switch for a manual one can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Also at the bottom of the screen there is a film (photo 2) has this anything to do with the auto lights/wipers or is this for some kind of accessory? I should also add that the lights do not seem to come on automatically too.

Many thanks

Sensor

image2.jpeg

Film

image1.jpeg
image3.jpeg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The auto wipers work when the stalk is down in position 1. The speed of the wipers is set with the dial you can see on the stalk.
The square in the bottom of the window is cut out fitted from factory because the windscreen is coated . It was for French drivers who use toll roads and have automatic payment toll cards.

Fiat Panda 100HP
Thanks for your reply. So the stalk is correct, the square at the bottom is nothing to do with anything many thanks. If the wipers are not working on this setting also the lights do not automatically turn on, am I right to assume the fault is probably with the sensor?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Try activating auto lights by having the ignition on position one and then turn the sidelights on off, on off in fairly quick succession.

You should hear a beep to confirm it's been done.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Put the stalk down into position 1, when it rains it should auto wipe. And like i said, the dial on the stalk sets the speed of the wipers. I turn mine on the fastest setting. But also how hard it rains determines how fast the wipers work.
Put your key in the ignition and turn to position 1. On the left hand stalk, for the lights, quickly turn dial for the lights on/off on /off and you'll hear a beep. That's your auto lights set. Do exactly the same to disable auto lights.

Fiat Panda 100HP
Many thanks for all the help. Wipers working automatically fine now, used a hose and it slows and speeds up as it should. Did the lights, got the bleep but can't test until it gets dark.

Thanks

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Many thanks for all the help. Wipers working automatically fine now, used a hose and it slows and speeds up as it should. Did the lights, got the bleep but can't test until it gets dark.

Thanks
Nice one. Glad you're sorted now 👍