ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto wipers...

GR7

Shiny red R32

I have forgotten how to activate the auto wipers - a female thing!! Can someone please remind me?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 20 October 2004

leave the wiper switch in the 2nd position, adjust sensitivity accordingly on stalk.
:confused: That doesnt sound quite clear enough for me!! Should the ignition be on or what???

172 Cup

I think Mike meant leave the wiper switch in the 2nd postion and should you be driving when it starts raining the wipers will come on.

172 Cup

No probs. You may have assumed it was just an intermitent (sp) setting but its actually an auto-sensitive setting.

Mini Cooper S sport

Also noticed something quite cool as well - they suddenly speed up if you go through a puddle and the windscreen gets splashed :cool:

Youll have to be aware though that when you turn your engine off that you will need to knock the wiper control back up and then down one knotch again as they reset when the engine is turned off.

on mine, the third notch down (the slow constant one) if you stop in traffic it will turn itself onto auto-wiping, then when you set off again it goes back onto constant!!!! only found this out recently due to rubberish weather.

im easily amused

Quote: Originally posted by tom-dci on 20 October 2004

on mine, the third notch down (the slow constant one) if you stop in traffic it will turn itself onto auto-wiping, then when you set off again it goes back onto constant!!!! only found this out recently due to rubberish weather.

im easily amused
Yeah my 1.2 16v does that. Better than most cars but still not as good as the auto wipers. Having wipers on continuous would get annoying sitting at the lights.

Ta, Andy