ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AutoExpress says 197 second greatest drive of 2006!!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I didnt realise it had 215 nm of pull.Thats quite good eh.
Will now be good to see 5th gear after all

ian

Scirocco GT 210
ian 182 said:
I didnt realise it had 215 nm of pull.Thats quite good eh.

Not really, the 172/182 had 200nm and weighed a fair bit less!

Hardly the most torquey of beasts :dapprove:

Nissan 350Z
Actually i got a feeling the main difference between any future cup wont so much be weight any more, i reckon the cup is likely to have a bit more power - probably the 205 PS (202 bhp) being touted.

BMW 320d SE
^Whatever happens, it's got to be worth hanging on for a bit to wait and see what happens, both in terms of development/model specs (such as the cup), and to see what the price (both new and used) does.

R

rich[182]

Autocar - 197 is crap - everyone says told you so
Autocar - 197 is awesome = dont listen to the journalists
Evo - 197 is awesome = everyone saying Evo have shares in Renault,yadder yadder

197 cant win imo

'18 Megane dci
Did some laps in the 197 at Cadwell today, loved it, did roll about a lot though, it's so quiet you think its slow, but it's not :D

rich[182] said:
Autocar - 197 is crap - everyone says told you so
Autocar - 197 is awesome = dont listen to the journalists
Evo - 197 is awesome = everyone saying Evo have shares in Renault,yadder yadder

197 cant win imo

yeah i was thinking that, for those that dont know autocar have done the same thing as autoexpress, less cars and the emphasis on there test is best handling, to cut a long story short they did the test at croft, it didnt make the last 6 cars, because whilst it was the most fun it didnt have the same straight line oomph as the focus st (which won the hatchback class) er handling is not about oomph, lol

both autoexpress and autocar did write the same thing though, its a great car you can exploit way over what you think is the limit, you can turn in late, harder brake later and harder and it handles and is very fun...........that at least is promising