ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autoglym

Clio Williams
I remember a while ago someone on here mentioned about mixing AG super resin polish with AG extra gloss, it was a tip from the concours boys, I can't find the post, just wondered if this actually works as well as putting them on seperately?

106 GTi
I have never mixed the two, but have applied the SRP not removed it and then applied the EGP over the top and removed them both together, not as effective as applying and removing individaul coats of each.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
how do you actually apply them? application (foam pad) ? then buff them off with a microfibre?

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh, sounds simple, but take your time. Biggest tip is avoid using too much product and getting it down seals where it is difficult to remove, otherwise your car will have loads of white all over it and won't look good at all!

I apply using a foam applicator and a good microfibre - you can get these easilly from the sites promoted on here or Halfords

106 GTi
AG SRP - Foam pad panel at a time, remove with a microfiber

AG EGP, foam hand pad, apply to the whole car as thinnly as possible leave to cure for an hour plus, and remove with a microfiber. Thinner the better.

People moan the AG twins dust - but most use far to much. Anything you remove is wasted/excess product. Use the right amount and they wont dust.

When I apply AG SRP by machine I work it till there is little of no product to remove.

190 BHP Willy 2
All the top concours boys at Ford fair and on passionford RSCO etc use a 50/50 mix of AG Super gloss / AG Polish.

I use it all the time and it works very well.

Its a load of rubbish saying apply them individually, makes no difference what so ever. Except taking twice as long.

106 GTi
Its a load of rubbish saying apply them individually, makes no difference what so ever. Except taking twice as long.

Looks wise maybe there is no difference, but to get maximum durability out of the EGP you are better off applying coats of that on its own.

190 BHP Willy 2
To get best results from EGP its down to the time left on car. I always leave mine for 2/3 hrs normally while i wash the gf's car and hoover both out. I used to put it on individually but don't bother anymore.

I've been told by a autoglym agent that it works best putting them on together, it creates a polymer type surface that protects for longer. But ultimately wether you put it on individually or as a mix its all down to time left to cure.

106 GTi
The SRP lightly polishes and chemical cleans the paint leaving a suitable base for the EGP to bond to allowing the polymers to do there thing.

Mixing the two means you are getting a slightly quicker way of doing things thats all, at the sacrifice of durability. Adding a a layer of just the EGP over the SRP prepared base is more long winded but benifits in the long term.

Ideally with the AG twins a layer of SRP to prepare the surface followed by 2 or 3 coats of thge EGP will look better and give a good 3 months protection.

Mixing the two would be a quick way to get the first coat of the AG SRP and a coat of EGP down, follow that up with a coat or two of EGP would work well.