ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux belt?!?!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi ya, got a noise which sounds like my aux belt slipping only when engine is cold. Anyone had anything similar to this?

mine does this as well only noticed since it got cold..does the auxillary belt come in the belt pack from renault for 120 ish cheers

mine does this as well only noticed since it got cold..does the auxillary belt come in the belt pack from renault for 120 ish cheers

£12 or so the belt.

SOunds like the tensioners has it had its AUX belt done or due recinelty?

Aux belt is the fanbelt right?

Nope there no fan belt on Clios since there not like that people often refere to the AUX belt which power the alternator PAS coolent pump air con etc.

There the main belt which powers the coolent pump (on some modesl) and turns the cams and thats it.

All Clios use electric fans

so the queking noise in the morning when cold or moist is the aux belt? is this an indication it needs changing can it be adjusted?

Broken Diesel Megane :(
ah i always thought it was the fan belt. right enough though mine is nowhere near my fan lol.

this an easy job to change the belt? or a remortgage the house sort of price lol

Clio 172 Mk2
i believe if u have a 172 cup its easy to change mate but if you have a standard 172 with air con its a bit trickier

Broken Diesel Megane :(
yeah as the air con system would sit over the top.

ok cool, think its worth changing mine then for all it would cost.

bugger how much to change on a normal 172 then? is it an hour job? can i change the aux belt now and the cambelt later or has it got to done at same time? its every 36k for the belt aint it?

Clio 172 Mk2
yeah you can change the aux belt now and cambelt later. definately worth doing mate if you have a cup because its not that big a job for someone that knows how

wish i had kept my cup now he he no air con re gas chargers no fiddly crapping about with other electronics he he is it a big job on the full phat do they need replacing every 36k or 3/5 years?