ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aux cable to speakers

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Hi, can anyone tell me if its possible to eliminate the need for a head unit? What I would like if possible would be a set of speakers mounted in the car with just a aux lead to connect my phone/mp3 player to. How would I go about doing this? And would I be able to get the speakers to turn up loud without the head unit?

Cheers

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Cheers mate, am I right in thinking I would just wire that to the battery then my speakers and phone can just plug into it and away I go?

172 Cup
I was wondering this also, seen someone had a ipad mounted at css instead of a headunit i want todo something similar but just with an ipod as I rarely listen to the radio

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
it is very possible to do, but as you would still need an amplifier, why wouldn't you just use a hu? The aux-in adapter for the standard HU is only a few quid...

Cheers mate, am I right in thinking I would just wire that to the battery then my speakers and phone can just plug into it and away I go?

You could take the power from the cig lighter, and then just put an inline fuse (2amp on the second one). You wouldn't need to go to the battery as the current draw is not high enough to require it. And then just connect the remote wire to ignition to switch it on/off with the ignition! You also get a remote as well.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
I have no head unit as car is completely stripped. Was just wanting some way of listening to music on long journeys to track days etc. at 12 quid seems a right bargain. how does it perform? can you get it up to a decent volume?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I have no head unit as car is completely stripped. Was just wanting some way of listening to music on long journeys to track days etc. at 12 quid seems a right bargain. how does it perform? can you get it up to a decent volume?

Ok fair enough. You would be better then imo to get a box built up that you can remove from the car completely without too much fuss, else the speakers etc will still be present and you might as well have a hu in the car. You could fit an amp/hu into a speaker box with 2x 6x9's and have a pretty good removable audio system.

Ok fair enough. You would be better then imo to get a box built up that you can remove from the car completely without too much fuss, else the speakers etc will still be present and you might as well have a hu in the car. You could fit an amp/hu into a speaker box with 2x 6x9's and have a pretty good removable audio system.

Pretty much this mate, if your car is stripped it will lack any bass and the music will sound pretty crap! The amplifier is loud enough for me, and is more powerful than your average stereo!