ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux in on HU

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

do you get aux in on aftermarket hus?

i still ahve the standard HU in my clio, was wondering if there was a way of making the changer socket in to an aux in, that way i could plug my ipod in this way and it would be much cheaper

i doubt u can get the leads tho, any ideas

Some kenwood h/units have the aux built into them, other ones you can get an aux adapter for. If its for the ipod, why not buy the alpine 9830 or higher model cos they come with a free ipod interface, which works fantastic....

Kenwood KDC-W6527 upwards have aux built in

KDC-4027, 4527, 5027, 6027 will need an aux adapter at £29 which plugs into changer socket...

Clio 1.4, SV650S

isnt there a radio based thing so your ipod transmits on a radio frequency, then hyou just tune the car radio into your ipod...

no wires.

I got an alpine CDM9825RB headunit (http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3045http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3045)

Its got an aux channel, so i bought the lead they recommend as well, an i plug my ipod into that just as i do in my house with a phono to stereo jack lead that goes in the ipod headphone socket. Ive also got an iTrip fm transmitter which you can tune ur radio into and listen to ur ipod tracks on ur radio. But this is no way as good as conecting it the way i just mentioned. It is difficult to find a good frequency that is not near the freq of a radio station, especially in a moving car. Can be quite cool tho!

I def recommend gettin the cable, either that or the ipod ice link stuff but thats gonna rush u!

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by entjm on 18 December 2004

isnt there a radio based thing so your ipod transmits on a radio frequency, then hyou just tune the car radio into your ipod...

no wires.
such a thing does exist for some setups, but its not as good quality as an Aux in, as your basically gettin radio quality

A company called MES solutions manufacture adaptors that allow cars OE headunits that are equipped with CD changer connections to be converted into AUX inputs. Your local halfords branch should have a copy but if u havent got time to pop in then phone me in cardiff newport rd halfords tomorrow on 02920 462707 (ask for David on ripspeed) and ill check to see if they do a sutable adaptor for ur car

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

cool the adapter sounds like a good idea to the chager as long as it doesnt cost to much.

do they do they for the standard clio hu davidol?