ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AUX to Bluetooth transmitter

Renault Clio MK2
Does anyone know any somewhat decent bluetooth transmitters that plug directly into the aux port and don’t require being plugged into a cigarette lighter or use a battery?

Thanks

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Receiver surely, assuming you want to play music from your phone via Bluetooth and into the aux?

If so, unless you get one that either plugs into a power source or has a battery, how do you expect it to work?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
As above, a 3.5mm in doesn't provide any power for a transmitter to run off. What clio do you have (presumably not a mk2 due to the aux port?), someone may be able to recommend a better solution.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a recommended Pioneer head unit and adapter box a few years back for not a lot of money at all.

Streams from my phone seamlessly. DAB radio, decent enough settings (for me anyway) and works completely with the integrated stalk controls. I'd personally go down that route - more so as a lot of people have already done it.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I've done headunit swaps in the past, I also had a Pioneer with integrated bluetooth, improves the sound too even on stock speakers.

But if you want to keep the original headunit, get something like a Parrot bluetooth kit which is hidden away?