ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auxiliary belt woes...

2004 clio sport
Hello!

greetings from mexico, home of many sporty clios. Mine is a 2004 and i´m having a strange problem. I changed the aux. belt 2 weeks ago but the bloody thing is rubbing against the tensioner (you know, that stupid spring thingy). This makes me very nervous, the last time it broke it got tangled with the cam belt and well... if it´s happened to you, the rest of the story is familar.

Should i change the tensioner? should i drive the car off a cliff? i´m not driving the car until i fix it, i am now perplexed.

help!!!

TIA-

morey

Last edited:
  BMW M135i
The tensioner and idler should be changed with the belt. If its rubbing against it the bearing in the tensioner can't be too healthy.

2004 clio sport
actually it´s rubbing against the spring tensioner... wait up i´ll go snap a pic. Thanks for that god damn quick reply!

brb with pic!!

cheers bmh

2004 clio sport
camera stopped working... NOTHING WORKS!!!!!
but... i have a very crude dramatization of the problem... please don´t laugh.
Dibujo.gif

As you can see the aux belt is rubbing against the spring loaded tensioner. could the tensioner itself be the problem?

help!!!

Megane dci 130
Doesnt sound like the belt is routed right. Did you draw which way the belt goes around the pulleys before you took the old one off?

2004 clio sport
actually, i didn´t, but there´s only one way of getting it in there....i think...?
But even if i got it wrong, it has to go around the alternator pulley in some capacity, and any way i look at it now, it would stull rub against the tensioner. I will try and snap some pics with another camera later today.

thxs shepperdspie!

2004 clio sport
it´s the strangest thing, the belt is actually in the right position... it seems the tensioner is in the wrong position or something, it doesn´t rest directly on the pully, it´s kind of.. well..crooked... anyway i have to forget about about the car and actually get some work done... to get money...to get the car fixed... grrrrrrrr
cheers y´all i´ll let you know how the situation develops-

Bumder With A Buffer
Off topic but I saw a few Clio's whilst in Mexico (Cancun to be exact) last summer.

Welcome to CS!

2004 clio sport
well thank you very much! i´m still finding out what to do. I´m visiting a friend´s shop, they´ve prepped 172´s for rallying so i figure the should be able to help me out.
I do find the cam belt/accesory belt arrangement to be a little bit insane on these cars though...

take care y´all, and thanks for the kind messages.

PS my sister lives in london, i was there a couple of years ago..nice town but bloody expensive!! what´s the expression "blimey!"?

2004 clio sport
My buddies think the aux. belt itself is not te one for the 2.0 but for the 1.6... could that explain the problem?

cheers!