ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auxiliary belt change

Clio
I'm thinking of changing the auxiliary drive belts on my clios, 2004 mk2 auto 1.4 and 2007 make manual 1.4
Is it a hard job, any special tools needed, is it easy to get the tension correct again.

Clio
Thinking of changing the belts and then take it to a garage to check the tension as I'm not sure how to get the correct tension. Manual says I need an electronic Hertz or seem unit. Does the 90 degree twist by hand on longest section method still work ok?

Last edited:
  Clio
Do I really need to buy a new pulley and automatic tensioner? For both it's the difference between £40 for parts vrs £240

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If the auto tensioner hasn't been done before it's a good idea to change it out. The bearings and mechanism don't last forever.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Are you doing the cambelt at the same time? worth doing the full job so that side of the engine is taken care of - in which case id be doing cambelt kit, aux belt kit (kit being the auto tensioner and any idlers etc) and pop a water pump on it. I wouldnt worry about the crank damper pulley unless its got signs of not being true. When doing the job id change anything that has bearings that can wear out!

EDIT: As R3k1355 says above lol!