ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AV Receiver

BG 182
Thought I'd update with a recent picture. I'm not happy with location of centre or where the amp is due to ventilation but I don't have it on for really long lengths of time.

Am looking at a custom made TV cabinet from chunky monkey furniture. But for now very happy with the setup.

The b&w's are basey, which I don't see as a bad thing but ive also not setup the amp up with the microphone yet as I just haven't had a chance to set my rears up.

655E84AF-D5A3-46C6-8ACA-29EF51E7F1C4-3349-00000253934BD872_zpsd21c9724.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
nice!

I'd watch the space round it though, it needs to breathe

I'll get s pic of my 'starter' set up tomorrow, does the job imo!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
It they're like mine they need bringing out to reduce the bass. And perhaps put the foam bungs and spikes on which they should have with them?
It looks like you could do with moving the chair to the right and bring them all across. Still they look nice though;).

BG 182
Such a poor picture! gotta love photobucket! I do have the bungs so will try em thanks, and they are on the spikes provided. After some use today watching expendables 2 the amp was getting really hot, i let it 'hang' out of the cabinet a bit while watching. Im gonna modify what ive already got, the 6 supports you can see, im looking to be replaced for taller ones hopefully, im just worried about getting a decent colour match.

The positioning is the only real place for it though, my missus says it all looks too intrusive without the covers on the speakers!!!

2014 Focus Titanium
Thought I'd update with a recent picture. I'm not happy with location of centre or where the amp is due to ventilation but I don't have it on for really long lengths of time.

Am looking at a custom made TV cabinet from chunky monkey furniture. But for now very happy with the setup.

The b&w's are basey, which I don't see as a bad thing but ive also not setup the amp up with the microphone yet as I just haven't had a chance to set my rears up.

Lewis, how do you find them without a sub? Bassy enough? I currently have a Wharfedale Bookshelf/Sub set up but will have £500 to spend in June on some new kit so will be looking at either some CM1 bookshelves or possibly some second hand floor standers and get rid of the sub.

P.S. Take that gash sticker off your AVR :D

Inferno 182 CUP
I need some help guys!

I have a denon AVR1713 .. I have an old mac mini plugged in via hdmi but it doesnt carry audio as the mini is so old.

Can i use phono leads to carry audio and set the channel to have display video via hdmi but audio via phono on the same input?

BG 182
Lewis, how do you find them without a sub? Bassy enough? I currently have a Wharfedale Bookshelf/Sub set up but will have £500 to spend in June on some new kit so will be looking at either some CM1 bookshelves or possibly some second hand floor standers and get rid of the sub.

P.S. Take that gash sticker off your AVR :D

I find them too bassy to the point where my neighbours probably hate me!! I need to get the bungs out of the loft to try and tone it down. I have my sub connected but it's not working at the moment and am honestly glad!!

The sticker does need to come off!!

2014 Focus Titanium
I find them too bassy to the point where my neighbours probably hate me!! I need to get the bungs out of the loft to try and tone it down. I have my sub connected but it's not working at the moment and am honestly glad!!

The sticker does need to come off!!

Cool. My bookshelf speakers don't provide enough base so I have my Wharfedale Powercube SPC 10" always in use, although it's not turned up high. I've always been curious if floorstanders would provide enough rumble for movies, although I'm mainly concerned with music where "rumble" isn't needed per se.